The Student Room Group

Quick question....

If my AS level grades don't meet the entry requirements for a university but I manage to either meet or get above the requirements at A Levels, can I still reapply on results day?

If yes, would I get a chance of being accepted?
Original post by Hiro2468
If my AS level grades don't meet the entry requirements for a university but I manage to either meet or get above the requirements at A Levels, can I still reapply on results day?

If yes, would I get a chance of being accepted?

yes you could go through clearing.
There is a chance.
Its called adjustment (if you do better than expected) and clearing (lower than expected).
The very top unis usually don't do either.
Also the chance of there being places depends on the course and uni.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
yes you could go through clearing.

Thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by gyuigygh
There is a chance.
Its called adjustment (if you do better than expected) and clearing (lower than expected).
The very top unis usually don't do either.
Also the chance of there being places depends on the course and uni.

Ahh so there's a chance my course won't be offered in clearing? Thanks though, finally understand the difference between adjustment and clearing.

Ahh so is there a high chance Warwick won't offer either?
Original post by Hiro2468
Ahh so there's a chance my course won't be offered in clearing? Thanks though, finally understand the difference between adjustment and clearing.

Ahh so is there a high chance Warwick won't offer either?

I'm pretty sure Warwick does. When I say top unis I mean tier 1 unis like oxbridge.

But it still depends on your course. Just check if Warwick is offering clearing this year. And search up to see if was in previous years for your specific course.
Reply 6
Original post by gyuigygh
I'm pretty sure Warwick does. When I say top unis I mean tier 1 unis like oxbridge.

But it still depends on your course. Just check if Warwick is offering clearing this year. And search up to see if was in previous years for your specific course.

Thank you! I could only find 2020's one and they didn't offer it in clearing/adjustment unfortunately. I'll just hope they do next year and write a really good personal statement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending