Received an email about a job that I don't remember applying for

Watch
CF12399
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So I have received an email from a company who have said that they have reviewed my CV and I would be an outstanding candidate for their role. They have invited me to a pre-recorded video interview and have said if I am successful I will have a one-to-one video interview with one of their members. The problem is I don't remember applying for this job at all and I have never came across the name of the company when I have been searching, I have a feeling they might have found my resume online and contacted me.

I looked on their website and there is no careers page and there is no phone number to get in contact with them but there is an email and an address of where the office is located.

Should I send an email to them about this or ignore them in case it's a scam?
sunsetpeony
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
honestly, it sounds really weird - trust your gut; the only thing you would have missed if it is real is a job, but there are too many dangers with scams
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by CF12399)
So I have received an email from a company who have said that they have reviewed my CV and I would be an outstanding candidate for their role. They have invited me to a pre-recorded video interview and have said if I am successful I will have a one-to-one video interview with one of their members. The problem is I don't remember applying for this job at all and I have never came across the name of the company when I have been searching, I have a feeling they might have found my resume online and contacted me.

I looked on their website and there is no careers page and there is no phone number to get in contact with them but there is an email and an address of where the office is located.

Should I send an email to them about this or ignore them in case it's a scam?
I had this with a couple companies, but it was normally companies I applied to in the past then withdrew so I knew how they got my details.

If you are sure you didnt apply then its perfectly ok to email back and ask how they got hold of your resume and any other questions.

If you are not interested then email & decline, if you are then accept.
CF12399
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Okay so after going through a load of emails and searching the company's name on job websites, I am pretty certain I didn't apply for the job. I'm not sure if it is a scam or not as they could have just found my resume online. Also the way they have addressed the email they have said "We are constantly on the lookout for people with ambitious talent" which makes me think I didn't apply and they found me online and if I had applied they surely would have said something like "Thanks for taking the time to apply for our role" etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (2)
40%
No - I have already returned home (0)
0%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (1)
20%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (0)
0%
No - I live at home during term anyway (2)
40%

Watched Threads