Best place to get stationery? What will I need?

Watch
summerhaze
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi.

Does anyone know where the best/cheapest place is to get good stationery? I want to start getting things together ready for starting sixth form next month. I have a tight budget to keep to as my sisters (going into Y10 and Y11) need stationery too.

Also, does anybody have any idea of what I'll need? I am taking English Literature, English Language, Psychology and Biology, and will be using a laptop in the majority of lessons. I would also appreciate any tips for laptop organisation and applications to use for making notes

Thank you!
sunsetpeony
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey! i take both english lit and psychology and i think you need mostly the same things! highlighters are a must for colour-coding and annotating (even on novels!) and perhaps a small range of coloured pens for a similar purpose. obviously, some pens and paper would be a good idea even if you're on a laptop! binders and folders (with dividers) are also a must - definitely buy lever arch folders instead of ring binders and ideally you'll want one per paper (but obviously you can buy the ones for year 13 content later down the line).

as for shops, i would recommend the works for binders and paper and wilkos and tescos for everything in between. all are relatively cheap! and i would definitely avoid whsmiths and paperchase (their stuff is so lovely but i'm sure they've never heard of student budgets!). hope this helps
SnowyOwl102
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you're using a laptop i would just recommend a notebook (oxford campus are really good quality) and maybe some notecards for terminology stuff. Rymans are usually quite good for pricing, and B&M do okay for pens (Zebra SmoothGrip im looking at you)

Edit: Missed your last question, you can use microsoft excel to make timetables or schedules and organise your frees/ weekends. Sticky notes are good for windows to do list things, and i think apple have their own version of that if youre using a mac. Also there's nothing wrong with using google docs. They stop you from loosing thigs due to the autosave and you can get a decent amount of cloud storage for free too

Hope this helps!
Last edited by SnowyOwl102; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (30)
28.85%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.62%
No I am happy with my choice (58)
55.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
5.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed