dh1995
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I was wondering if someone would shed some light on repayment of loans available for graduate entry medicine.

I obviously have an undergraduate loan which I will pay back at 9% over the 25k threshold. However if I take tuition fees loans etc for a graduate entry medicine programme will the debt for this be repayed at the rate of 9% in addition to my undergraduate loan?

(in which case it may be worth just taking it out because I won’t be paying it off anyway?)

or does it count as a postgraduate loan with a repayment at 6% in addition to the 9% (like masters degrees are paid at), in which case it might be worth trying to clear it as quickly as possible?

Would really appreciate any advice graduate entry medics who have graduated and started repaying can give me
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by dh1995)
I was wondering if someone would shed some light on repayment of loans available for graduate entry medicine.

I obviously have an undergraduate loan which I will pay back at 9% over the 25k threshold. However if I take tuition fees loans etc for a graduate entry medicine programme will the debt for this be repayed at the rate of 9% in addition to my undergraduate loan?

(in which case it may be worth just taking it out because I won’t be paying it off anyway?)

or does it count as a postgraduate loan with a repayment at 6% in addition to the 9% (like masters degrees are paid at), in which case it might be worth trying to clear it as quickly as possible?

Would really appreciate any advice graduate entry medics who have graduated and started repaying can give me
Hi, to get help with this repayment query you can contact our repayments team on Facebook/Twitter https://www.facebook.com/SLCRepayment or alternatively by calling.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
28.07%
No (246)
71.93%

Watched Threads