The Student Room Group

How do I study for online A levels during sixth form?

Can someone list below their schedule of completing an online a level course during sixth form. I am currently studying 2 A levels in sixth form going into year 13 and looking to add an additional 2 A levels (Physics & Chemistry) one year A level course with the open study college. I would like to know if I would have time to study & revise concepts. For example studying 2 a levels in school, revise in my free periods & after school. Then study the 2 online A levels each day around 5-6pm & also revise. Thanks.
Original post by bobfish11
Can someone list below their schedule of completing an online a level course during sixth form. I am currently studying 2 A levels in sixth form going into year 13 and looking to add an additional 2 A levels (Physics & Chemistry) one year A level course with the open study college. I would like to know if I would have time to study & revise concepts. For example studying 2 a levels in school, revise in my free periods & after school. Then study the 2 online A levels each day around 5-6pm & also revise. Thanks.

One online might work ... how are the practical assessments going to work?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
One online might work ... how are the practical assessments going work?

Learn & revise them at home, do the assessment in my sixth form lab or pay for a location.
Learn & revise them at home, do the assessment in my sixth form lab or pay for a location.

Your school are very unlikely to agree to you doing them at school; online science is a bit risky.

How would you deal with exam clashes?
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
Your school are very unlikely to agree to you doing them at school; online science is a bit risky.

How would you deal with exam clashes?

If so, I would pay to take them at a lab.

Exam clashes is a problem im not sure how i'd deal with! Prehaps I should just wait to finish year 13, then do the online A levels in a metaphorically speaking year 14.
Reply 5
If so, I would pay to take them at a lab.

Exam clashes is a problem im not sure how i'd deal with! Prehaps I should just wait to finish year 13, then do the online A levels in a metaphorically speaking year 14.

Your school is unlikely to help as they'd have to set things up at a time just to fit with you - and why should they? It would be a lot of work. If you take them elsewhere then you may have to take a week off school to do them (although they are sometimes in the holidays or evening it's hard to find anywhere and you may not have a choice).

PLanning to take them in Year 14 would seem a sensible idea.

Quick Reply

Latest