Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Has anyone applied to or accepted an offer from Keele Medical School for Physician Associate Studies for Jan 2021?
d1_whitney
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Me🙃. Did you?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by d1_whitney)
Me🙃. Did you?
Yes, I did too!! Finally found someone yet🥳
d1_whitney
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied quite early and accepted the offer in July. My undergrad was at QMUL so I'm kinda excited to be in a different environment. At least the accomodation in Staffordshire is supposed to be a lot more affordable than London but we'll see.

I'm kinda curious to find out what a typical PA timetable is going to look like 😅 and how the holidays will be split.

(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes, I did too!! Finally found someone yet🥳
What undergrad degree did you study?
Anonymous #1
I applied quite early and accepted the offer in July. My undergrad was at QMUL so I'm kinda excited to be in a different environment. At least the accomodation in Staffordshire is supposed to be a lot more affordable than London but we'll see.

I'm kinda curious to find out what a typical PA timetable is going to look like 😅 and how the holidays will be split.

What undergrad degree did you study?
I'm from Yorkshire so the accommodation will probably be more expensive for me! I'm looking forward to getting the timetable too. Same, I applied early and got my offer in July. I did biomed and finished last summer, how about you? It's so nice to find someone from our cohort. I was wondering about how many students they accept onto the course. I'm definitely looking forward to the countryside campus since I've lived in cities my entire life. Excited to see all the trees and squirrels lol. I wonder how many days we'll have on campus/placement. I'm kinda reluctant to get accommodation with Covid around! I live like an hour and a half away so I'm still deciding on accommodation.
d1_whitney
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm from Yorkshire so the accommodation will probably be more expensive for me! I'm looking forward to getting the timetable too. Same, I applied early and got my offer in July. I did biomed and finished last summer, how about you? It's so nice to find someone from our cohort. I was wondering about how many students they accept onto the course. I'm definitely looking forward to the countryside campus since I've lived in cities my entire life. Excited to see all the trees and squirrels lol. I wonder how many days we'll have on campus/placement. I'm kinda reluctant to get accommodation with Covid around! I live like an hour and a half away so I'm still deciding on accommodation.
I actually just graduated from biomed last month😂. I believe they have small cohorts like maybe 60-70 people but I'm not sure. I'm not too concerned about the accomodation but I'll still take precautions. The uni halls look very expensive for the type of rooms they offer so I'll probably go private.
I saw a document earlier that detailed what typical week might look like. It had loads of PBLs and like 1 or 2 days of GP clinics then other stuff.
But yh it's great to see another student, since we're very early seems like not many people have done the interviews/got offers/ or simply replied in TSR😅.
Keele Postgraduate
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there!

Just wanted to congratulate you all on your places at Keele! If any of you have any questions at all then please don’t hesitate to ask!
Anonymous #1
I actually just graduated from biomed last month😂. I believe they have small cohorts like maybe 60-70 people but I'm not sure. I'm not too concerned about the accomodation but I'll still take precautions. The uni halls look very expensive for the type of rooms they offer so I'll probably go private.
I saw a document earlier that detailed what typical week might look like. It had loads of PBLs and like 1 or 2 days of GP clinics then other stuff.
But yh it's great to see another student, since we're very early seems like not many people have done the interviews/got offers/ or simply replied in TSR😅.
Smart thinking going private, I'm thinking to do the same hopefully because I think commuting will be a bit much. I haven't seen any accommodation available for January yet so I think I'll start looking nearer the time. I read they have small cohorts too. I think all the PBLs and lectures will end up being online which is kinda sad but we'll have to deal with it. Congratulations on your graduation🥳 I thought that Keele would have given most their places by now but I'm not sure how it works.
d1_whitney
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks. I really hope that we still get face to face lectures and seminars. Simply just watching a lecture online has never been my thing (I always fall asleep😅).
In regards to accommodation, I hope the cheap private rooms don't run out too much before January😢. I definitely need a good place to live for at least the next couple months until the September student move out next summer. That way we have a wider variety of rooms to choose from.
Anonymous #1
Thanks. I really hope that we still get face to face lectures and seminars. Simply just watching a lecture online has never been my thing (I always fall asleep😅).
In regards to accommodation, I hope the cheap private rooms don't run out too much before January😢. I definitely need a good place to live for at least the next couple months until the September student move out next summer. That way we have a wider variety of rooms to choose from.
Same, I'm not looking forward to all the online learning but I guess it will have to be done. I asked and they said it would be mostly online for the foreseeable future. Hahaaa, I think I'll end up falling asleep too! Yeah, hopefully they don't run out. It's quite hard to find accommodation with contracts starting in January plus I don't want to be too far away from campus. Let me know if you need a housemate lol. I think group rentals are actually sometimes cheaper.
d1_whitney
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Same, I'm not looking forward to all the online learning but I guess it will have to be done. I asked and they said it would be mostly online for the foreseeable future. Hahaaa, I think I'll end up falling asleep too! Yeah, hopefully they don't run out. It's quite hard to find accommodation with contracts starting in January plus I don't want to be too far away from campus. Let me know if you need a housemate lol. I think group rentals are actually sometimes cheaper.
Yh I'm definitely up for getting a place with others on the program. If anyone else is interested, give us a shout out.
Anonymous #1
Yh I'm definitely up for getting a place with others on the program. If anyone else is interested, give us a shout out.
Will do!!! You're the only person I've found from our cohort so far. I will let you know if I find others 🙂
Simran_Sangha98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied only a couple weeks ago and they recently replied asking me to come for an interview! if anyone could give me any advice for this, it would be great! Thanks!
d1_whitney
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Congrats on getting an interview!definitely know why you want to be a PA and be ready to demonstrate how your extra commitments have helped you make that decision. Be honest with yourself and be confident in your answers. This interview was actually one of my favourites out of all the other unis because the interviewers were really nice. What helped me personally was working in care homes for the past 2 years and I was able to give examples of what I had learned. try to refer your answers back to how they help you to become a better PA or how it'll help you throughout the course.Lets not forget the pre-interview questionnaire we had to fill out because the same questions may come up!!(wink wink). Other important things include why you want to go to the specific uni, what methods do you have for dealing with stress, and most importantly the significance of PAs in the NHS. If you don't know it already, memorise what a Physician associate actually is and what they are permitted to do. Different unis have thrown scenarios about confidentiality, teamwork, PBLs at me. Don't be afraid to use anything from your undergrad degree but be sure to always highlight how you have improved if the question is about an example of a mistake. I don't think they ask the difference between being another medical practisioner and PA, but broadly speaking, practice as if it was a medicine interview.Hopefully this helps and good luck to you
Simran_Sangha98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Congrats on getting an interview!definitely know why you want to be a PA and be ready to demonstrate how your extra commitments have helped you make that decision. Be honest with yourself and be confident in your answers. This interview was actually one of my favourites out of all the other unis because the interviewers were really nice. What helped me personally was working in care homes for the past 2 years and I was able to give examples of what I had learned. try to refer your answers back to how they help you to become a better PA or how it'll help you throughout the course.Lets not forget the pre-interview questionnaire we had to fill out because the same questions may come up!!(wink wink). Other important things include why you want to go to the specific uni, what methods do you have for dealing with stress, and most importantly the significance of PAs in the NHS. If you don't know it already, memorise what a Physician associate actually is and what they are permitted to do. Different unis have thrown scenarios about confidentiality, teamwork, PBLs at me. Don't be afraid to use anything from your undergrad degree but be sure to always highlight how you have improved if the question is about an example of a mistake. I don't think they ask the difference between being another medical practisioner and PA, but broadly speaking, practice as if it was a medicine interview.Hopefully this helps and good luck to you
Thank you so much for your help!
saraajama
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you need A Levels to get into post grad PA? Because I did BTEC Level 3 Applied Science in sixth form which is the same qualification as A Levels.
ELT11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm on the course too!
d1_whitney
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ELT11)
I'm on the course too!
Welcome to the group chat!🙂
d1_whitney
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by saraajama)
Do you need A Levels to get into post grad PA? Because I did BTEC Level 3 Applied Science in sixth form which is the same qualification as A Levels.
Its probably best to ask the admissions team by email. But generally speaking, they mainly look at your undergrad degree results.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ELT11)
I'm on the course too!
Hey, nice to meet you! Welcome to the thread🌝
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.23%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.7%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.4%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.93%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.34%

Watched Threads