what does freshers week involve? Watch

john_allstar
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
what does freshers week involve?

what kind and how many events? how much should i budget?
Lu-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
*involve
philosophy_kid
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Getting wrecked 24hrs a day for a week, finding every bar in the city, meeting 4 trillion new people, going to house parties, puking (often), learning drinking games, trying weed, making good friends, and having the best time that you will ever have in your life.

Enjoi!

ps... don't spend your entire loan! it might seem fun at the time but eating the black crusty end of a french stick out of the bottom of the oven is not fun.
john_allstar
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Lu-x)
*involve

where?
Lu-x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by john_allstar)
where?
:toofunny:
QI Elf
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are there many things not revolving around alcohol as I don't drink and don't want to be sat in my room the entire time.

I'm open to going to parties and clubs (even though I've never been to one before- a club I mean, not a party) but drinking say coke, J2O or lemonade.
snafle
Report 10 years ago
Why don't you drink? Unless you have a really good reason you're seriously missing out on an incredibly enjoyable and rewarding hobby.
Lu-x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah there will always be something for non-drinkers. Many don't drink for religious reasons so there may be a DVD/film night or quiz or something.
kingofgods
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lu-x)
Yeah there will always be something for non-drinkers. Many don't drink for religious reasons so there may be a DVD/film night or quiz or something.
That must be a joke lol...compare

crazy hooligan alchohol fueled madness with 24/7 partying and non stop sex to

dvd/film night or quiz or something:couchpotato:
QI Elf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by snafle)
Why don't you drink? Unless you have a really good reason you're seriously missing out on an incredibly enjoyable and rewarding hobby.
Becuase I don't find it enjoyable. I don't like the taste, don't want to get drunk and am happier when I don't have alcohol and enjoy myself just as much without it. Ohh and I am an incredible light weight after getting verrry tipsy at a friend's 16th birhday party after one glass of bucks fizz :yep:
luk333
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lu-x)
Wooooow!!! Quiz night?!

:no:
catbee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by QI Elf)
Becuase I don't find it enjoyable. I don't like the taste, don't want to get drunk and am happier when I don't have alcohol and enjoy myself just as much without it. Ohh and I am an incredible light weight after getting verrry tipsy at a friend's 16th birhday party after one glass of bucks fizz :yep:

LMAO! :rofl: :rofl:
QI Elf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by catbee)
LMAO! :rofl: :rofl:
You may laugh, but I had a bruise that covered the ENTIRE of my upper arm after getting tangled in a washing line after that one glass. I could barely move my arm for a week afterwards.
QI Elf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by luk333)
Wooooow!!! Quiz night?!

I genuinly love quiz nights. Once I went to two different ones in a week and they both had a question on my favourite subject in the world. I was sooo proud

Yes, I am really this sad. :yep:
ben_d
Report 10 years ago
What kinda stuff does gms do during freshers? cos john Foster seem to have loads planned but GMS just ahve the dress as the G, M or S party lol
Lu-x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Each to their own, that's what I say. QI Elf, what course are you doing?
luk333
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I genuinly love quiz nights. Once I went to two different ones in a week and they both had a question on my favourite subject in the world. I was sooo proud

Yes, I am really this sad. :yep:
Two in a week?! You animal! I am impressed.
QI Elf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lu-x)
Each to their own, that's what I say. QI Elf, what course are you doing?
History. The questions in the quiz where both on the Nazis, which is my favourite era. :rolleyes:
FrancisM89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by luk333)
Wooooow!!! Quiz night?!

Woah, don't diss the quiz night! :cool:
sweetfloss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are there many things not revolving around alcohol as I don't drink and don't want to be sat in my room the entire time.

I'm open to going to parties and clubs (even though I've never been to one before- a club I mean, not a party) but drinking say coke, J2O or lemonade.
Urgh - don't listen to anyone that questions your reasons for not drinking like someone else in this thread. There's loads of stuff to do in Freshers Fortnight, and yes lots of people drink but no one has to. There will be plenty of nights out etc, and plenty of things that don't involve alcohol at all
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (161)
18.51%
No (528)
60.69%
Not really bothered about them (181)
20.8%

Watched Threads