Espion17
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Well I’d love to hear anyone’s thoughts on a situation I have about my RS gcse grade. In all my end of unit assements, I got grades 5,6 7. However I put a lot of work in my mock and ended up getting a 9. Just before lockdown when it was announced that exams were cancelled, I asked my teacher what she’d predict me and she said around a 6 or 7. I’m quite upset that this is what she said she’d give me. Do you think that I would be able to appeal if I got a grade like these since my mock was much higher? I’d rather not have to sit the exam in Nov and just get the grade I was given in my mock. Thanks
Becca216
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You would be able to appeal but wether the result would change is another matter. The main problem is, is that you haven’t shown that you can consistently perform at a 9 - how does your teacher know you weren’t just ‘lucky’. Now I am sure that you did work hard and you got that 9 because you deserved it, but the evidence the teacher has doesn’t show that you are a grade 9 student. Now your mock is likely to have more weighting than your end of unit tests, which is a positive.

I wouldn’t stress too much right now, you never know what might happen on results day (and what ever does happen there will be plenty of people who will be able to give you help and guidance on what to do next). Good luck!!
Espion17
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks so much for the reply . I see your point of view. I guess it’s just something that is bugging me inside right now - but thanks so much for your kind words! Are you getting your results too? If so, good luck
Becca216
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Espion17)
Thanks so much for the reply . I see your point of view. I guess it’s just something that is bugging me inside right now - but thanks so much for your kind words! Are you getting your results too? If so, good luck
I’m in year 12, so no but I know a lot of people in both the year below and above who are so I understand where you are coming from
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (58)
26.61%
Less motivated (160)
73.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed