The Student Room Group

Someone recall the conponents for both english pls......

hi can someone tell me the components for english language and english lit as i have done this at school and i forgot whats in both papers

i want to know what exactly the questions are and like what they are gonna ask me
i do eduqas in GCSE thanks for the help
:google:
Original post by sarahhhxo
thanks laura for the help and are there any useful tips for revising?

I’m not sure about the eduqas exam board, but in general I would suggest making sure you 100% know what each question is asking you to do, and to practise questions (and get your teacher to mark!)
Some people find it really hard to revise for gcse English. But what you need to do is look for good model answers and do millions of questions to get better. Especially for q2 language paper 1 in order to analyse quotes you should just make up random descriptive quotes in your head and try to ask yourself why have you used specific words. For example “the sun was a fireball” I could have said the sun was bright. But I’m emphasising the brightness of it. This metaphor can be interpreted in one way as dangerous and in the other as so bright it could burn your eyes indicating that maybe the image isn’t as great as it seems.( depending on context it is in. ) But you analyse in a deeper way to hit band 4 the highest band.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending