The Student Room Group

Finance

Hi I’m about to finish a degree in sociology and I am wanting to apply for a nursing degree next year due to a career change choice will I get funding for it? As Some people say second degrees aren’t funded but some say if I take a nursing degree as a second degree I will be funded ? Is this both tuition and maintenance loan as well?

Thank you
Original post by Mol1112
Hi I’m about to finish a degree in sociology and I am wanting to apply for a nursing degree next year due to a career change choice will I get funding for it? As Some people say second degrees aren’t funded but some say if I take a nursing degree as a second degree I will be funded ? Is this both tuition and maintenance loan as well?

Thank you

Nursing is an exempt subject that is funded as if it was your first time at university (both fees and maintenance).

it can sometimes take a bit of faff to get the loan approval (the automatic systems don’t always recognise nursing and you have to appeal to get a human to review it) so make sure you apply nice and early.
Reply 2
Okay thank you do I apply for this on the sfe website same as I did with my last degree? I already have an account so will it let me start a new application?

Thank you
Original post by Mol1112
Okay thank you do I apply for this on the sfe website same as I did with my last degree? I already have an account so will it let me start a new application?

Thank you

Yes apply online if you're able. Sometimes it will come up with an error when you say you have a previous degree in which case you'll need to use the paper form instead but try online first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending