The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
ThisLittlePiggy
I just don't believe that medics do have higher grades.Aren't the req'd grades for both courses mostly the same? ie AAA,AAB,ABB etc

I've always seen them in the same light.

Yeah true, just everything seems to point to medics having slightly higher grades in terms of ucas points and ukcat score.. not much to go on but if you look at dentists having less places then things are v.different.
[QUOTE="ThisLittlePiggy"]
nas7232
PenguinMafia has a point.

Surely the higher calibre applicants will be applying to medicine.

Nope, all the dental students that I have met have 4 plus A's at Scottish higher and advanced highers at A and B.That is some serious quality.Also schools such as Glasgow only have 80 places and that = some serious competition for a space.

UKCAT tells you nothing about grades and quality.

How the feck springs to mind.:cool:
[QUOTE="Allthewayhome"]
ThisLittlePiggy

How the feck springs to mind.:cool:

Indeed, how the feck? I call shenanigans...
Reply 83
I wouldn't say that medicine applicants are of an higher calibar than dentist students but I will say the dentistry is less competitive.. something to with less applicants applying to dentistry as a whole and less applicants being rejected to dentistry as a whole.
yea
my avg was 505 after taking out abstract reasoning
i got into the a100 at st georges and the a101 (extended med. degree at kings college)
Reply 85
FaTcUtEcHeKiEz
yea
my avg was 505 after taking out abstract reasoning
i got into the a100 at st georges and the a101 (extended med. degree at kings college)

what did they predict you at AS?
Reply 86
josee32
me sheffield, i know a few others that got in with lower than 600 too

VR 600
QR 630
AB 510
DA 610

TOT. 2350
AVERAGE 587.5

WHICH UNIS DO YOU THINK I SHOULD APPLY TO (PLANNING TO DO THE 6-YR COURSE DUE TO MY NON SCIENTIFIC A-LEVELS (3AS, 1B);GRADUATED WITH UPPER 2:1 FROM KING' BA ENGLISH)

THANKS
Nicolish
what did they predict you at AS?

AAA
Reply 88
FaTcUtEcHeKiEz
AAA

nice :smile:

you give me hope!

Latest

Trending

Trending