damsl17
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi there,

This year I want to start University but I am not sure about which Uni choose for do a Biomedical Science degree. I found that ARU offers a placement year. Could you tell me your experience at this Uni? Which organisations are included for the placement year? Did you find difficult find a job in your area after graduation? Are the teachers helpful?

Thank you in advance
ARUOfficial
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by damsl17)
Hi there,

This year I want to start University but I am not sure about which Uni choose for do a Biomedical Science degree. I found that ARU offers a placement year. Could you tell me your experience at this Uni? Which organisations are included for the placement year? Did you find difficult find a job in your area after graduation? Are the teachers helpful?

Thank you in advance
Hi damsl17
Hopefully you'll get some students reply here soon but do let us know if we can help in any way. The Placements team may be able to directly give you more information about placements at ARU [email protected]

If you wish to speak with a student, you can do this on our website directly but you can also attend our online open days, hopefully there will be another one on our website soon as currently there are only some in September, but I'm sure we will do some more events over the Results Day period to help others make their decisions, too
olibolicoli
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by damsl17)
Hi there,

Thank you in advance
Hey I’m actually a biomedical scientist - didn’t go to ARU though.

I know that you either need to go to an IBMS accredited BMS degree (where you will be able to do your IBMS registration portfolio in your placement year, allowing you to apply directly for BMS jobs when you graduate) or you need to do the newer Healthcare Science degree that is being promoted as a better way of becoming a BMS (I don’t personally know anyone who did this route As it was started after I had already started uni but there’s a user on here called RegisteredBMS that is super helpful about explaining the differences.

Check out their comment on this post: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4813298

Hope this helps, DM me if you want any specifics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (269)
56.39%
I don't have everything I need (208)
43.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed