The Student Room Group

Any French A Level students here?

Yo, I'm a french A Level student. I was supposed to have spent over 3 weeks in France this year immersed in the language but then, I think, I think, there was a global pandemic (I may be wrong on that). Anyway, I need practice writing and reading and there are only so many past papers I can't find anyone in my contacts or on social media that I know so I thought, maybe there are some on the Student room.
Let me know
Merci
Reply 1
Original post by GillisRobbieWGS
Yo, I'm a french A Level student. I was supposed to have spent over 3 weeks in France this year immershi ied in the language but then, I think, I think, there was a global pandemic (I may be wrong on that). Anyway, I need practice writing and reading and there are only so many past papers I can't find anyone in my contacts or on social media that I know so I thought, maybe there are some on the Student room.
Let me know
Merci

Hi I’m doing a level french too, got my exams in 2021
Should've done A level French this year! I'd be happy to help :smile: Also, have you tried HelloTalk?
Please can someone help me? Im debating dropping french this year. I've completed AS and just have A2 exams to do in year 13 (starting September). However, my teacher isn't very supportive and I have lost all interest and confidence. I want to go to university, but worry this will effect my chances of getting in. I should hopefully pass welsh bacc (which some unis take as a full a level) but i dont want to risk it. Any advice would be appreciated.
Original post by sglodion67
Please can someone help me? Im debating dropping french this year. I've completed AS and just have A2 exams to do in year 13 (starting September). However, my teacher isn't very supportive and I have lost all interest and confidence. I want to go to university, but worry this will effect my chances of getting in. I should hopefully pass welsh bacc (which some unis take as a full a level) but i dont want to risk it. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'll tell you one thing
I got predicted a B just at the end of this term
I have been stuck like that since March (so something is up with my approach to home learning but also my school didn't do it brilliantly)

Prove your teacher wrong. Work hard so you can look at them down your nose on results day and say "I damn well told you so"
There are over 100 unis to choose from.
I'm starting in September, A Level mocks which I'm actually sh***ing myself about.
Let's all work hard, we will not let COVID 19 ruin our chances of a future
Original post by redmeercat
Should've done A level French this year! I'd be happy to help :smile: Also, have you tried HelloTalk?

Oooh, what's hello talk?
Reply 6
Original post by redmeercat

I’ll get it, send me your username 😁
Oooh, what's hello talk?

It's an app where you chat to native speakers and they correct your French and you correct their English! Been using it about a year and a half, and it's really brought my French from lower to upper intermediate!
I'll tell you one thing
I got predicted a B just at the end of this term
I have been stuck like that since March (so something is up with my approach to home learning but also my school didn't do it brilliantly)

Prove your teacher wrong. Work hard so you can look at them down your nose on results day and say "I damn well told you so"
There are over 100 unis to choose from.
I'm starting in September, A Level mocks which I'm actually sh***ing myself about.
Let's all work hard, we will not let COVID 19 ruin our chances of a future

thanks. I just don't see myself passing at all. I'm lucky in Wales that they've just made A2 worth 100% so I guess I have a bit of a chance to turn things around. my mock grades were appalling in Jan (E/U) and I don't know how I'm supposed to come back from that. I haven't heard from my french teacher at all this lockdown. it's been tough.
Yo, I'm a french A Level student. I was supposed to have spent over 3 weeks in France this year immersed in the language but then, I think, I think, there was a global pandemic (I may be wrong on that). Anyway, I need practice writing and reading and there are only so many past papers I can't find anyone in my contacts or on social media that I know so I thought, maybe there are some on the Student room.
Let me know
Merci

You might want to check out this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6489902
It's a thread for TSR members to come and practice reading and writing messages in French so I think it may be exactly what you're looking for!
prospective one yeah
Original post by CatusStarbright
You might want to check out this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6489902
It's a thread for TSR members to come and practice reading and writing messages in French so I think it may be exactly what you're looking for!

Thank you very much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending