Ollylowe1710
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have a AST on the 5th, but do not get my predicted grades until late August. If I turn up without them will they turn me down?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Speak with your AFCO and see if you can sit the AST and wait for your grades to proceed further, or whether they will rearrange it to later this month.
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ollylowe1710)
I have a AST on the 5th, but do not get my predicted grades until late August. If I turn up without them will they turn me down?
Hi

Did you put predicted grades down on your application form? You'll have been invited to sit the AST based on your application. Which role have you applied for?

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Advertisement
Ollylowe1710
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So, I rang up the AFCO and rearranged the date of my AST to the 24th, next week because I get my grades on the 20th. Thank you for your reply just curious as didn't want to get turned down as of it. I have applied for general mechanical technician trade as CIT didn't have any spaces until next year so I reapplied as I just want to get in, then further my education. Also what will happen if I don't get the predicted grades I said I would get as i m positive I'm only getting C's in English and maths. Whereas I said I'm getting science aswell.
Last edited by Ollylowe1710; 1 month ago
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wait and see what grades you get, and if you fall short speak to the AFCO; they should always be your first point of call, particularly once you have an application in.

I've read what you said, but if you are interested in CIT, why did you apply for an unrelated role? You're not going to get an apprenticeship for the sector you want to work in, and that's what the initial focus will be, completing that during your first tour. After that, it's whether you have time available or can be released for education. The RAF shouldn't be used just as a stepping-stone to try to get qualifications, because you may not be able to do what you want and you've got potentially years of doing a job you didn't really want.
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (29)
26.61%
Less motivated (80)
73.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise