Turn on thread page Beta

HSBC student account overdraft...HELP watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have opened an account with HSBC yesturday. The overdraft that I am getting is £750 whereas it said that the interest free overdraft that you get is £1000 for your first year...:confused:
    Has anybody else opened a student account with HSBC n is only getting £750 only??
    And if you want to use this money do have to apply for an overdraft or can I just use the money without applying as it says available amount £750 online?
    Can someone please help me?

ReputationRep:
    It will be upto £1000.

Things they consider: the amount of income you have, your credit rating.

These are what holding you back from getting a higher overdraft.

ReputationRep:
    I dont have any income I dont have a credit rating kindoff cuz I have neva done a JOB...neva had any credit cards...nevaa had any loans...so dats wat I dont get why are dey giving me only £750...
    I went to my local branch yesturday...a lady opened my account infront of me...when she was putting a overdraft limit of £750 I said to her shouldnt it be £1000 n she said something like this that this is £1000 is the maximum interest free that you get but the limit is £750 :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I only got £500 from them, so I wouldn't complain really. I've never used any credit cards/loans either.

ReputationRep:
    ^^^
    lol but that is decetion :mad:
    they say u get £1000 for the first year BUT you actually dont get that :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JocastaJackal)
    I only got £500 from them, so I wouldn't complain really. I've never used any credit cards/loans either.
    so can you take that upto £1000 or that is all u get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheeky_chick)
    so can you take that upto £1000 or that is all u get?
    I think it can be up to £1500 depending on your credit rating after a while...

ReputationRep:
    I got £1000 last month and got told if I want it any higher just come in and ask. I am going into my 2nd year.

They base it on income and credit rating.

ReputationRep:
    I got 750. If you need more in a few months, just go back and ask

ReputationRep:
    natwest wins
    £1250

ReputationRep:
    ^^^
    lol but that is decetion :mad:
    they say u get £1000 for the first year BUT you actually dont get that :mad:
    The key bit is up to. If they said £1000 overdraft guaranteed then I would agree its deception but they don't.

ReputationRep:
    They told my friend it was based on the credit rating of the house, and because her mum and dad had been blacklisted, she didnt get that much overdraft. But she was able increase it loads in her 2nd year because they could see she had her own job etc and moved away to uni so used that address

ReputationRep:
    i got an account with lloyds and even though i have a good credit rating they only gave me 200 and said i should some back in a few weeks and i may be able to get 500...so you should be happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxJaninexX)
    They told my friend it was based on the credit rating of the house, and because her mum and dad had been blacklisted, she didnt get that much overdraft. But she was able increase it loads in her 2nd year because they could see she had her own job etc and moved away to uni so used that address
    They don't take into account the other people you live with for credit ratings anymore (they did a few years back). Her parents credit rating would only have any effect on hers if she was financially linked with them such as having a joint bank account with her parents which is unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Tears and Butterflies*)
    I got 750. If you need more in a few months, just go back and ask
    right so we can take it upto a 1000..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miranda7719)
    natwest wins
    £1250
    yeah i know i wanted one wid dem as dey also offer da railcard thing....BUT dey wudnt lemme ave one so I jus upgraded my HSBC account...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flipshot)
    They don't take into account the other people you live with for credit ratings anymore (they did a few years back). Her parents credit rating would only have any effect on hers if she was financially linked with them such as having a joint bank account with her parents which is unlikely.
    no i dont ave a joint account or anything like that...i doubt dat dey take in2 account ur parents credit ratings.....:no:

ReputationRep:
    well i guess it is only £750 for now

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know i wanted one wid dem as dey also offer da railcard thing....BUT dey wudnt lemme ave one so I jus upgraded my HSBC account...:rolleyes:

may i ask why?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.