Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to uni in Sept, and three of my options will be London universities. I live in Essex and was wondering if it was viable to commute to London for lectures every day? I'd probably have to get up early as it is if a lecture starts at 9am, and battle my way through rush hour on the trains.

I guess if you're not living in halls then you probably miss out on a lot of the "experience" of university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ununpentium)
    I'm applying to uni in Sept, and three of my options will be London universities. I live in Essex and was wondering if it was viable to commute to London for lectures every day? I'd probably have to get up early as it is if a lecture starts at 9am, and battle my way through rush hour on the trains.

I guess if you're not living in halls then you probably miss out on a lot of the "experience" of university.
    Depends where in Essex you'll be coming from.

The train network in Essex is good with c2c and National Express East Anglia, so that's in your favour.

It's perfectly viable - but obviously adds time to when your day is "over" .

ReputationRep:
    You'd definitely miss out on the social experience and I don't see why you'd want to personally...

ReputationRep:
    You'd miss out on a lot socially and on chances to meet new people and develop your independence.

But yes, depending on where you are in Essex, it is viable- I know people who do

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who was coming from essex every day. She was paying ridiculous amounts on train fayre, the journey was long and delayed and she said it was exhausting. What was worse was when she'd travelled all the way there and the day had been cancelled!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.