BIPOC and Diversity at Portsmouth University

Watch
dona_s
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm currently going into Year 13 and looking at universities, Portsmouth is one of the ones I liked so far. But I was wondering if there's racial diversity there? So often when your the only BIPOC in a room it can create very uncomfortable and sometimes racist situations when talking about certain topics. If anyone is a person of colour that goes to there have you had a bad experiences or is there a history of racism or anything?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by dona_s)
I'm currently going into Year 13 and looking at universities, Portsmouth is one of the ones I liked so far. But I was wondering if there's racial diversity there? So often when your the only BIPOC in a room it can create very uncomfortable and sometimes racist situations when talking about certain topics. If anyone is a person of colour that goes to there have you had a bad experiences or is there a history of racism or anything?
Hey!

From my experience, there is great racial diversity! We also have many international students which makes it a nice atmosphere as you can meet so many different people!

Also, we have so many culture societies:

- Afro-Caribbean society
- Indian society
- Polish society
- Bulgarian Society
- Ghanaian Society

And so many more!!!!

Have a look at the range of societies offered! Hope this helps 😊
Let me know if you have any more questions

Marlena – Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed