04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mazypan)
It's Cambridge so I suppose they can justify the delay.
Thanks very much for your reply, that's very reassuring. Guess I'll just need to wait it out 😥
No excuses in my book. I don't care if it's Harvard bloody law school - if they have your results they can give you an answer.
Naughty Cambridge :security:

But yes, provided that you've met your conditions from Edinburgh then that option is safe for you (I was in a very similar position to you a few years back). :heart:
Mazypan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
No excuses in my book. I don't care if it's Harvard bloody law school - if they have your results they can give you an answer.
Naughty Cambridge :security:

But yes, provided that you've met your conditions from Edinburgh then that option is safe for you (I was in a very similar position to you a few years back). :heart:
It's horrible isn't it? And, it may not be Harvard but it is Law 😂. I was tempted to just ask them to reject me but if Edinburgh is still there I might as well take a punt on the Summer Pool. Thanks so much for your reply, it's cheered me up after a v stressful day.
Yes, Edinburgh is unconditional.
Last edited by Mazypan; 1 month ago
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's horrible isn't it? And, it may not be Harvard but it is Law 😂. I was tempted to just ask them to reject me but if Edinburgh is still there I might as well take a punt on the Summer Pool. Thanks so much for your reply, it's cheered me up after a v stressful day.
Very. I hope it works out for you, but my honest advice to you would be to expect from now that you're going to Edinburgh. If Cambridge pops up, it's a lovely surprise - but don't expect it to.
Mazypan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Very. I hope it works out for you, but my honest advice to you would be to expect from now that you're going to Edinburgh. If Cambridge pops up, it's a lovely surprise - but don't expect it to.
Yes, that's what I believe too. Thank you 🙂
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I missed my conditions for an English uni but they haven't rejected me yet. They say that they will make a final decision after they receive the A level results. Will waiting for so long jeopardise my insurance choice- Edinburgh? Will it still be there waiting for me when I'm rejected in around 2 weeks time? I tried to contact Edinburgh but their email auto reply says I can be waiting up to 10 days for them to reply to my enquiry. Track hasn't updated- it still shows my firm and insurance. I'm stuck in limbo and worried I'll lose my insurance choice.
Don't have anything to add to the fab advice from 04MR17, just wanted to say good luck! Let us know how you get on
tiny hobbit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I missed my conditions for an English uni but they haven't rejected me yet. They say that they will make a final decision after they receive the A level results. Will waiting for so long jeopardise my insurance choice- Edinburgh? Will it still be there waiting for me when I'm rejected in around 2 weeks time? I tried to contact Edinburgh but their email auto reply says I can be waiting up to 10 days for them to reply to my enquiry. Track hasn't updated- it still shows my firm and insurance. I'm stuck in limbo and worried I'll lose my insurance choice.
The university needs to know how many of the A level offer holders have made or missed the conditions of their offer. The same is true for any university and course where the majority of applicants are doing A levels.
qxyux
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm in the same position as you rn, except mine is imperial.
Mazypan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by qxyux)
I'm in the same position as you rn, except mine is imperial.
Good luck! Ucas confirmed the insurance choice will be there until 31st Aug. Are you going to wait for Imperial? I'm going to ask Camb to release me and just go to my insurance. The uncertainty and extra 30k in loans for England is now weighing too heavily on my wait.
Last edited by Mazypan; 1 month ago
qxyux
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Good luck! Ucas confirmed the insurance choice will be there until 31st Aug. Are you going to wait for Imperial? I'm going to ask Camb to release me and just go to my insurance. The uncertainty and extra 30k in loans for England is now weighing too heavily on my wait.
I think I might wait for Imperial because I feel that my grades are incredibly badly misrepresented. So I think I might try to email them and see if I can persuade them to understand that the grades I got were not what I deserved : (
Brooke6468
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Guys i have a problem, I really need help.

So i was really let down by my grade in Advanced Higher Biology in which i had received a C. I do not think this is a true reflection of my capability in the subject.

Obviously with the exams being cancelled , teachers had to submit any physical evidence they had in order to help the SQA decide what grade to award us. the issue is in advanced higher biology the ONLY sole piece of evidence my teacher had for the class was ONE prelim we sat all the way at the very beginning of December. in this particular prelim i hadn't performed well, i received a C.

Genuinely speaking the prelim was not a true reflection of my capability, i was unable to properly study for it at the time, and had made several tiny stupid mistakes which totalled up. Of course it was extremely disappointing as i have always been an A/B grade student (in higher human biology i had received an A in the exam, and got the highest mark for the subject in the school - im honestly not saying this brag but simply just to add more context), i knew with revision and time i would do well in the exam, which would be 5/ 6 months later, and prove how my performance in the prelim was simply a one-off blunder.

After the prelim i had done so much personal revision and was doing so well in the past papers, however as my teacher did not give us any class/unit tests after the prelim i cannot prove how much i had progressed in the subject, as there is no "physical evidence". it cannot be right to base a students whole entire grade based off ONE prelim, that too which was at the beginning of December, also which i was unable study for.

In england students can sit an exam I think in autumn if they feel there result doesn't reflect how well they can do in a particular subject, however the same type of service is not available in scotland. Really what im saying is what can i do, surely this is not right, all my personal revision and progress has gone unaccounted for.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Brooke6468)

So i was really let down by my grade in Advanced Higher Biology in which i had received a C. I do not think this is a true reflection of my capability in the subject.

Obviously with the exams being cancelled , teachers had to submit any physical evidence they had in order to help the SQA decide what grade to award us. the issue is in advanced higher biology the ONLY sole piece of evidence my teacher had for the class was ONE prelim we sat all the way at the very beginning of December. in this particular prelim i hadn't performed well, i received a C.

Genuinely speaking the prelim was not a true reflection of my capability, i was unable to properly study for it at the time, and had made several tiny stupid mistakes which totalled up. Of course it was extremely disappointing as i have always been an A/B grade student (in higher human biology i had received an A in the exam, and got the highest mark for the subject in the school - im honestly not saying this brag but simply just to add more context), i knew with revision and time i would do well in the exam, which would be 5/ 6 months later, and prove how my performance in the prelim was simply a one-off blunder.

After the prelim i had done so much personal revision and was doing so well in the past papers, however as my teacher did not give us any class/unit tests after the prelim i cannot prove how much i had progressed in the subject, as there is no "physical evidence". it cannot be right to base a students whole entire grade based off ONE prelim, that too which was at the beginning of December, also which i was unable study for.

In england students can sit an exam I think in autumn if they feel there result doesn't reflect how well they can do in a particular subject, however the same type of service is not available in scotland. Really what im saying is what can i do, surely this is not right, all my personal revision and progress has gone unaccounted for.
Hiya, sorry to hear this.

As per the OP you'd probably be entitled to an appeal? Contact your school for this. These usually in other years don't result in a change - so don't get your hopes up too much.

When you say "I was unable to study properly for [prelims] at the time", was this due to exceptional circumstances at the time that the school were made aware of? If so, that could count in your favour.

What are your plans for next year?
qxyux
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

This is the exact same position I am in at the moment except I have always been a straight A student and my grades have been severely misrepresented in all my subjects as well.
Labrador99
Rep:
?

:wavey:

Sorry to hear your grade wasn't as you hoped :console:

What estimate did your school put in for you? Is your AH bio grade essential for a uni offer? What are your next steps?

If you're eligible for an appeal, while the prelim is the biggest piece of evidence, the SQA will also accept classwork and coursework (i.e. your project) that you did on or before 29th May.
Randomuser212v2
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
royalty1702
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Randomuser212v2)
🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉
.?
Labrador99
Rep:
?
(Original post by royalty1702)
.?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6633166
Randomuser212v2
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you 😂, I thought they’d have known the context
Mazypan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by qxyux)
I think I might wait for Imperial because I feel that my grades are incredibly badly misrepresented. So I think I might try to email them and see if I can persuade them to understand that the grades I got were not what I deserved : (
Good for you. I've just had a complete crisis of confidence and can't face anymore uncertainty. With today's announcement hopefully you will get what you need. I emailed too, stating that we don't have a chance to resit missed qualification unlike the English kids. Surely that should count for something.
I've asked to be released to my insurance but they're not replying as it's the embargo period.. let us know how you get on. Best of luck to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (78)
30.47%
Less motivated (178)
69.53%

Watched Threads