The Student Room Group

student loan and household income

if my parents make over 150k but will only pay for a course they want me to take, so I therefore have to take out a student loan, how much would I be eligible to if Im studying outside of london?
Original post by therealbeyonceee
if my parents make over 150k but will only pay for a course they want me to take, so I therefore have to take out a student loan, how much would I be eligible to if Im studying outside of london?

It would be the tuition fee loan and then the minimum maintenance loan (it's around £3900) with their household income which unless you work part time and get a student overdraft would not be enough to live off.
Original post by claireestelle
It would be the tuition fee loan and then the minimum maintenance loan (it's around £3900) with their household income which unless you work part time and get a student overdraft would not be enough to live off.

sorry I'm really new to this, what exactly is a student overdraft, and do you know if tutoring part time would be a good option?
Original post by therealbeyonceee
sorry I'm really new to this, what exactly is a student overdraft, and do you know if tutoring part time would be a good option?

it's where a bank lets you go into a negative balance interest free for a certain amount of time, it can be for between £500 or £2.5k with most banks, yes if you've got the experience for it tutoring can work. Since you know you've time to prepare for this, I'd work on saving what money you can now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending