Lydleigh02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi everyone,
Me and my boyfriend are going on our first holiday together at Christmas to the Dominican Rep. it is also my boyfriends first ever holiday abroad.
We’ve been together 3.5 years and will be aged 18&19. Has anyone got any advice- not about COVID. We know what we need to about that.
Any advice about our trip, dos and dont’s.
Anything will be appreciated.
Thank you😚
sunny.side.up
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Lydleigh02)
Hi everyone,
Me and my boyfriend are going on our first holiday together at Christmas to the Dominican Rep. it is also my boyfriends first ever holiday abroad.
We’ve been together 3.5 years and will be aged 18&19. Has anyone got any advice- not about COVID. We know what we need to about that.
Any advice about our trip, dos and dont’s.
Anything will be appreciated.
Thank you😚
what type of advice are you looking for ??
metallic67
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Lucky guy. Start by looking at this page: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...nican-republic.
khadijaaaxxxx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
it's not hard to stay in the uk till it's safe
Lydleigh02
Rep:
?
(Original post by khadijaaaxxxx)
I’m not asking that as stated above👍🏻 it can’t be that unsafe if flights are going ahead
Lydleigh02
Rep:
?
(Original post by chloeebrown09)
what type of advice are you looking for ??
Just like do’s and don’ts general advice. Maybe to help make him less nervous about flying etc x
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Just like do’s and don’ts general advice. Maybe to help make him less nervous about flying etc x
ohh. well if he gets motion sickness or is worried about the plane ride. you can get shields to put over the windows. which might help.
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The post isn’t about that
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by RaA64)
The post isn’t about that
lol people really be being blunt.
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
lol people really be being blunt.
No one likes hearing blabber and long messages that mean nothing, just got to say it how it is really
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by RaA64)
No one likes hearing blabber and long messages that mean nothing, just got to say it how it is really
yes. true dat!
El Salvador
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
That is assuming the UK is safe...

Coronavirus:
UK cases - 312k
UK deaths - 47k

DR cases - 80k
DR deaths - 1k
El Salvador
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’m not asking that as stated above👍🏻 it can’t be that unsafe if flights are going ahead
I'm not asking you not to go since I have travelled a lot myself, but flights going ahead have little to nothing to do with safety. It's simply the reality that we can't afford to continue crashing the economy.

Governments consider many things other than the risk of transmission.
El Salvador
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I've never been to DR but I've been to every single country on the mainland Americas and a number of island nations in the Caribbean.

DR is a very unequal society so you should watch out for the areas that have more crimes, although if you're just staying at a hotel resort or something, most likely nothing will happen to you.

I've never been nervous about flying, but you can keep him distracted if he is. He can pick a film he wants to watch or you can talk to him throughout.
El Salvador
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
ohh. well if he gets motion sickness or is worried about the plane ride. you can get shields to put over the windows. which might help.
There are medicines one can take prior to boarding for motion sickness as well. But in general, being able to look outside helps with motion sickness more than not looking outside. The best way to deal with it, of course, is just to sleep through it.
khadijaaaxxxx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by El Salvador)
That is assuming the UK is safe...

Coronavirus:
UK cases - 312k
UK deaths - 47k

DR cases - 80k
DR deaths - 1k
fair enough but then her and her boyfriend risk spreading coronavirus to dr if they travel over there
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
fair enough but then her and her boyfriend risk spreading coronavirus to dr if they travel over there
Stop posting all the time about this when people are talking about their holiday.

If you’re that concerned start your own thread.

It’s not that deep, life must resume, economies must get back on track, for lots of developing countries their economy depends on tourism smh

The government have made it legal to certain places, so they can do what they want as long as it’s legal and they’re happy with the risk.

Th DR people are probably buzzing tourists are returning so they can start Earning again
Last edited by RaA64; 2 months ago
khadijaaaxxxx
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by RaA64)
Stop posting all the time about this when people are talking about their holiday.

If you’re that concerned start your own thread.

It’s not that deep, life must resume, economies must get back on track, for lots of developing countries their economy depends on tourism smh

The government have made it legal to certain places, so they can do what they want as long as it’s legal and they’re happy with the risk.

Th DR people are probably buzzing tourists are returning so they can start Earning again
you can't tell me what i can and cannot post lmao
plus ive literally only said this in two threads made by the same person 😂😂
RichPiana
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Go out and have fun with your boyfriend. Chances are we’ve already had Covid without even knowing about it. Not all cases show symptoms. Can’t stay indoors for the rest of our lives now. It’s either go out and risk the chance of getting Covid or stay indoors and die of depression.
El Salvador
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Do you care about the 300,000+ people who work in tourism in DR and their family, or are you only focused on the 1,700 deaths because starving families slowly dying or killed by regular crimes aren't as eyecatching?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (99)
13.52%
I'm not sure (32)
4.37%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (230)
31.42%
I have already dropped out (17)
2.32%
I'm not a current university student (354)
48.36%

Watched Threads