The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Bagration
RON PAUL

Tell me about him please, from your perspective.
yawn
Tell me about him please, from your perspective.
Austrian economist and politician who wants to bring the free market and freedom in general back to America.
Reply 742
In the first debate, how many times did Obama say: "John/Senator McCain is absolutely right"? He looked like a follower, not a leader.

Why does saying "my friends" make McCain sound crazy? He wants to address lots of voters and influence them, calling them "friends" does the job.
Reply 743
Bagration
The Federal Reserve, Freddie Mac, Fannie Mae are either Government organisations or exist only with Government guarantee. The corporations rule America because the politicians pander to them and give them privileges... elect a real politician who doesn't and there WILL be change.
RON PAUL

Ron Paul. A lot of youtube voters but a bit thin on the ground.
I honestly hope and pray that Barack Obama will win the election, McCain seems like a complete idiot... but then again Bush one the last election didn't he.
Reply 745
why should we debate here, there both as worse as each other in their own way i'd even keep bush over these two!
Juggy123
why should we debate here, there both as worse as each other in their own way i'd even keep bush over these two!

WHAT!!!
Have you been asleep for the entire time George Bush has been president. Have you not noticed how much he's f***ed up the US not to mention how much he's f***ed up Iraq, Iran and the bloody UK too!
Reply 747
Bush is really stupid and he's a Christian. Obama goes to Church and so does McCain - Palin thinks she's fighting witches and demons. It's like America can't shrug it off.
Reply 748
Imo Obama is he man for the job. As far as a British person is concerned, he is less likely to either obliterate the economy or drag us into a war with some foreign country that doesn't affect us. Also, he doesn't have the winner combination of skin cancer and sarah palin as a running mate, which could result in a bimbo creationist believer who is against abortion even in the case of rape, and cites her foreign policy experience as being able to see Russia from Alaska being president... Nuff said

p.s. In before Yuffie harps on about ageism!
Martyn*
Bush is really stupid and he's a Christian.

I don't see what you're trying to prove by saying that?
Reply 750
lol bush has been great compared to obama and mc cain, u do kno 3000 people died on 9/11 arnt you going to go for the terrorists, hes made the oil profits now hes always ready for war and you need that with countries like iran, south korea, russia. If noone puts pressure on them then who knoes what will happen, bush hasnt been as bad as people say. Only thing i can critisize is his green policies.
Reply 751
Juggy123
lol bush has been great compared to obama and mc cain, u do kno 3000 people died on 9/11 arnt you going to go for the terrorists, hes made the oil profits now hes always ready for war and you need that with countries like iran, south korea, russia. If noone puts pressure on them then who knoes what will happen, bush hasnt been as bad as people say. Only thing i can critisize is his green policies.

1) Learn to spell.
2) Learn basic grammar rules.
3) Learn more about the world. What you just posted is a load of BS.
Reply 752
The new ad about Bill Ayers is potentially dangerous. Not to Obama's lead, but to his image among people that already dislike him. There are people who actually think the Democratic Party's nominee for president is a terrorist. And the claims and ads and speeches with all their tenuous links and repetition of Obama's OMGTERRORIST middle name, are just stoking the fires of the rednecks (I'd rather not call them conservatives until I'm sure they know what the word means). Well, McCain is playing defence, after all, trying to hold on to Bush states. I really thought it was beneath him, and that America could just have a contest between two great candidates for the presidency.
Juggy123

:/ bush didn't even know his own senators when he came to power...
...just as bad as plain who thinks russia's within eyesight of her house
AWZC
Imo Obama is he man for the job. As far as a British person is concerned, he is less likely to either obliterate the economy or drag us into a war with some foreign country that doesn't affect us. Also, he doesn't have the winner combination of skin cancer and sarah palin as a running mate, which could result in a bimbo creationist believer who is against abortion even in the case of rape, and cites her foreign policy experience as being able to see Russia from Alaska being president... Nuff said

p.s. In before Yuffie harps on about ageism!

:mad:
Tory_boy
In the first debate, how many times did Obama say: "John/Senator McCain is absolutely right"? He looked like a follower, not a leader.

Why does saying "my friends" make McCain sound crazy? He wants to address lots of voters and influence them, calling them "friends" does the job.

I was going to ask the same thing. I figured people were making a big deal about it on this forum due to cultural differences. Maybe "my friends" sounds funny to non-Americans?
silent ninja
I'm still kind of pessimistic about this whole thing of a black president. I'm really not sure the Americans are ready for it. Perhaps there will be a difference between what people say in opinion polls and general discussion, and what they actually vote for on the day-- in the booth, secure and in confidence. There might be (possibly large) a difference there I think.

why does everything have to always be able skin color? If Obama loses (which seems very unlikely) it will be because he is the most radical and inexperienced politician to run for president in US history
Reply 757
I think it's a love/hate thing, Yuffie. :wink:
none of them
Reply 759
How many would vote for me to be President?

Latest

Trending

Trending