Mental health during lockdown

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How has everyone been coping in terms of their mental health during lockdown? It's been really difficult for me and I've now resorted to not being able to do anything during the day as I've lost interest in all my hobbies. I'm also insecure about my grades as I'm going to sit my A-level's next year and I don't want to ruin my chance of getting good grades. Some days I want to burn my books and some days I want to cry about absolutely nothing.I have no idea what is wrong with me right now, but I feel like a failure all the time
jae jae
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My mental health is going down hill...have gcse exams next year and I’ve actually never felt this stressed before..corona is the main cause of this 😞
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How has everyone been coping in terms of their mental health during lockdown? It's been really difficult for me and I've now resorted to not being able to do anything during the day as I've lost interest in all my hobbies. I'm also insecure about my grades as I'm going to sit my A-level's next year and I don't want to ruin my chance of getting good grades. Some days I want to burn my books and some days I want to cry about absolutely nothing.I have no idea what is wrong with me right now, but I feel like a failure all the time
At least you have a chance to change your future; you still have one more year to prepare for them. Unlike people like me where we are waiting for our results to be released next Thursday. I feel so useless being unable to control and determine my own future and with the IB and SQA results all being a disaster...I dont think that the A level results will be any different so my life is virtually destroyed unless a miracle happens.
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It has ranged from:

- I have spent 7 weeks in a locked hospital watching daytime TV and eating, if I can do that I can do lockdown for a few weeks in my own house
- absolute mental breakdown
- motivated to do more exercise and self care
- crying for no valid reason
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
At least you have a chance to change your future; you still have one more year to prepare for them. Unlike people like me where we are waiting for our results to be released next Thursday. I feel so useless being unable to control and determine my own future and with the IB and SQA results all being a disaster...I dont think that the A level results will be any different so my life is virtually destroyed unless a miracle happens.
Are you planning to go to university or do you have other plans?
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
haven't been coping tbh. and now i have a 10k word dissertation to write in 6 weeks, find a new job and new accommodation cuz i'm soon to be homeless and i can't bring myself to do any of it. i only want to sleep all day. just know you're definitely not alone in this.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Are you planning to go to university or do you have other plans?
Yes still planning to go to university but might have to resort to clearing if things dont go well because Ofqual said that you should expect that one of your predicted grades drop by one grade.

UCAS predicted grades = A*A*AA
Predicted grades after January mocks = A*AAA
What I need = A*A*AA

The thing is based on my efforts and performances in tests I really think I deserve A*AAA at the very least but then as one of the grades will probably be adjusted down I might end up with no A*s at all or end up with a B which I really think is just so unfair but again it depends on what grades my teachers actually submit because to be frank I dont believe that they would have done me any favours
shebk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you study well?
Do you take online courses now?
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Terrible, pretty much. I'm struggling to finish my masters because most of the time I'm so angry or full of despair or can't cope with my emotions, and I've already been granted an extension but still have 5000 words to write in 2 weeks so I have no idea how anything is going to pan out. I've spoken to my GP, done a self-referral with a mental health team and have an assssment with them next week. No one I live with understands what I'm experiencing, or is even willing to understand, all they see is me being miserable and irritable, so I'm very isolated.

And then after I eventually finish, there's nothing. I was almost test ready before lockdown but they're still not letting people book tests so idk when that's going to happen, but to get a job I need to drive, so I'm also going to be unemployed for the foreseeable future and idk how I'm going to cope with no money and nothing to aim for.
Last edited by bones-mccoy; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (28)
29.79%
Less motivated (66)
70.21%

Watched Threads