The Student Room Group

King's? Glasgow? Or Leeds?

Hi,
I have been selected for LLM programme for Kings College London, Glasgow University and Leeds University. My first choice was King's College London but due to the Pandemic I am confused where to go. I am from India and therefore I'll have to go for online classes from September to December. Kings is a very reputed University but the fees are way too high and starting in September, 2020 (£27500), Glasgow has comparatively lower fees, also starting in September, 2020 (£19820) and Leeds have there classes starting from January, 2021 (£20000). Glasgow and KCL are doing online classes from September - December while Leeds is starting from January itself ( on board classroom).
I am unsure which University provides better job opportunities and which University should I choose? Which University do you recommend irrespective of Online Classes. Please help.
Original post by raktimarava
Hi,
I have been selected for LLM programme for Kings College London, Glasgow University and Leeds University. My first choice was King's College London but due to the Pandemic I am confused where to go. I am from India and therefore I'll have to go for online classes from September to December. Kings is a very reputed University but the fees are way too high and starting in September, 2020 (£27500), Glasgow has comparatively lower fees, also starting in September, 2020 (£19820) and Leeds have there classes starting from January, 2021 (£20000). Glasgow and KCL are doing online classes from September - December while Leeds is starting from January itself ( on board classroom).
I am unsure which University provides better job opportunities and which University should I choose? Which University do you recommend irrespective of Online Classes. Please help.

First of all I'm not a Law expert so I wouldn't know a great deal about graduate opportunities or reputation. However, my question to you would be whether you'd want to do online classes or not, and why aren't Leeds doing it? Does this mean the course at Leeds is going to be compressed down? These are aspects you might want to think about.

I'll move your thread into the law forum now. :smile:
paying more £20k for any of these is a rip off in the best of times lmao
also none of these will improve your 'job opportunities' in the UK. don't be gullible.
Reply 4
Hi,

The answer to this will depend on what areas of law you wish to study. Generally, you should pick whatever course offers the modules that most interest you.

Regarding better job opportunities, none would have a significant advantage over the others domestically, and it depends what sort of job (and where) you are interested in. If you are interested in legal practice, it won't provide a significant advantage in obtaining a TC etc.
Hi,

Hi there-if you want to talk to students from the Uni of Glasgow then you can ask them anything about life at Glasgow at: www.glasgow.ac.uk'askastudent We have over 100 students and Alumni on there-Thanks Ann TeamUofG :smile:
Original post by 04MR17
First of all I'm not a Law expert so I wouldn't know a great deal about graduate opportunities or reputation. However, my question to you would be whether you'd want to do online classes or not, and why aren't Leeds doing it? Does this mean the course at Leeds is going to be compressed down? These are aspects you might want to think about.

I'll move your thread into the law forum now. :smile:

Hi,

Hi there-if you want to talk to students from the Uni of Glasgow then you can ask them anything about life at Glasgow at: www.glasgow.ac.uk'askastudent We have over 100 students and Alumni on there about 25 of which are current Law students.
Thanks Ann
TeamUofG :smile:
Original post by University of Glasgow
Hi there-if you want to talk to students from the Uni of Glasgow then you can ask them anything about life at Glasgow at: www.glasgow.ac.uk'askastudent We have over 100 students and Alumni on there about 25 of which are current Law students.
Thanks Ann
TeamUofG :smile:

Hello Ann, I think raktimarava was looking for some information about job prospects with Glasgow's law degree, I'm wondering if you have anything that might be able to help them with that, as I'm not too sure that current students will be able to answer questions about post-university opportunities too easily.
Are you doing Scots Law at Glasgow?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending