The Student Room Group

I haven’t studies since march lockdown, how do I get back to studying again?

Hi I’m in year 13 and since march, I haven’t studied, but now I want to get back to studying. I was thinking of sitting the autumn exams because I think I’ll be predicted low calculated grades in august.
I’ve lost my motivation to study and been procrastinating a lot these past months, plus I’ve forgotten most of what I’ve learned in the past 2 years of A-level, so does anyone have any tips to getting back on track?
I am going to be a Y12 in September, and after the school closure, I was also quite relaxed and just chilled and slept all days in April and May. Plus I have difficulties finding the reasons to attend online lessons......But I picked up the motivation back soon in June. There are two things I did, the first is to tidy up my landfill table and make it back to the studious environment that I used to have before March. Clean up the lazy spell! The other thing I do, is to learn from the others. There is a great video on Youtube called 'Why I am able to study 4 hours straight' by Kharma Medics, and I recommend you to watch it. Use some psychological tricks to trick yourself into studying for a long time. These are some of my experiences and I hope you start to get motivated and work hard soon as well:wink:.
The best cure for procrastination is panic. Do a past paper under timed conditions to better gauge how much you've retained from your studies, and take it from there.

Quick Reply

Latest