How to cope when you have thieves in the house 🙄

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My older and younger brother and father are both untrustworthy when it comes to money. Whenever money goes missing in the house I have no idea who takes it.

My mother struggles with money as it is and I can never tell who is responsible when it comes to who’s taken the money. Honestly what can we do? Whenever I have my own money I always have to make sure I walk around with my purse cause I can’t leave it anywhere
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hide it better?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My older and younger brother and father are both untrustworthy when it comes to money. Whenever money goes missing in the house I have no idea who takes it.

My mother struggles with money as it is and I can never tell who is responsible when it comes to who’s taken the money. Honestly what can we do? Whenever I have my own money I always have to make sure I walk around with my purse cause I can’t leave it anywhere
Lobby ITV to bring back Jeremy Kyle so you can all go on as a 'There's a Thief in the Family - Lie Detector Special'? It was a staple.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Hide it better?
We do? Either way why should we have to hide our money in our own house
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Reality Check)
Lobby ITV to bring back Jeremy Kyle so you can all go on as a 'There's a Thief in the Family - Lie Detector Special'? It was a staple.
I would never go to on Jeremy Kyle that’s embarrassing
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We do? Either way why should we have to hide our money in our own house
How old are they?
Fermion.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well the only way to stop this is to hide your money better and not leaving it out and about.
alekseevaleks23
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Be careful with your stuff and maybe start opening up the topic, that you lost this and that, it'll make them uncomfortable
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
How old are they?
My younger brother is really that much of a problem. My older brother is 19 and father is 36
Anonymous #1
Isnt*
Anonymous #1
(Original post by alekseevaleks23)
Be careful with your stuff and maybe start opening up the topic, that you lost this and that, it'll make them uncomfortable
I do all the time. My brother takes my money more than anything because my father doesn’t come in my room. When I bring it up he has no remorse or anything he gets really defensive and pretends he doesn’t do it
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My younger brother is really that much of a problem. My older brother is 19 and father is 36
Tell your brother to knock it off and hide it better. Instead of just leaving money around, put it in a good spot like in a drawer or tuck it on the rim of your bedframe.
Anonymous #1
You know I think it’s kind of joke. How I’m on here asking for advice because it’s a genuine problem and then someone mentions Jeremy Kyle as if it’s a joke? With people liking the comment/response as if it’s a joke? I thought this was a ‘community’ of support but I guess not
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You know I think it’s kind of joke. How I’m on here asking for advice because it’s a genuine problem and then someone mentions Jeremy Kyle as if it’s a joke? With people liking the comment/response as if it’s a joke? I thought this was a ‘community’ of support but I guess not
You're overegging things a bit?. Also, Anon users don't get to cry about 'communities' that they do not engage with.
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just lock it up.

https://www.safe.co.uk/products/blac...utm_medium=pla
MilkyWay_236
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You shouldn't let that answer bother you, it's just a silly joke, after all, no harm intended. Many of of the commenters here can't really understand what it must feel like if you know what I mean. There's no reason to be upset about that.

Now, for your situation, I have a sister who steals things off of me all the time, pisses me off so much. Like how disrespectful must it be to invade ppl's privacy like that? Same goes for your brother (no offense). Can you go out and buy something that could possibly be used to keep your money locked up? For me, I just hide it in places that they could never think of, like behind the wardrobe, if you see what I mean. I can't really suggest much for hiding places because I don't know what hiding places you have. Either hide it somewhere really secretive or buy something with a lock or some sort (a padlock etc.) and lock it in there.
username5348732
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you not have a bank account? Who uses cash anymore
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lump hammer to their fingers
Hannah0505
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
wow ur dad is really young
Anonymous #1
(Original post by StriderHort)
You're overegging things a bit?. Also, Anon users don't get to cry about 'communities' that they do not engage with.
I do engage on many posts. You just don’t know who I am on this post because it’s personal and I didn’t want my identity shared. Not even on about just this post. So many people are so inconsiderate when it comes to people asking for advice with their sarcastic comments and inappropriate jokes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.35%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.9%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (170)
38.46%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.41%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.68%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.2%

Watched Threads