Turn on thread page Beta

what makes someone interesting? watch

the question is in the title really.

I find it hard to talk to new people and make them interested in talking to/knowing me.

Any advice is appreciated!

p.s. anon because friends use TSR
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    how would you go about introducing yourself? what things would you say?

ReputationRep:
    people who aren't overt or loud or 'jack the lads'.

ReputationRep:
    Someone who offers something that no one else does.

ReputationRep:
    Big facial scars.

What I mean to say is, someone who has done lots of things and been to lots of places.

ReputationRep:
    Someone who doesn't ramble on about great they are.

OP - do you have any hobbies or interests? I find people more interesting if they have similar interests to me.

ReputationRep:
    Non-clingy people..
    It just gets annoying.

Play it cool I say.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say someone is interesting if theyve done lots of things and lived a bit - done something different or act in a certain way that defys sterotypes or is different from the norm.
    I think it can be something as simple as the clothes they wear or as complex as their sense of humour, but at the end fo the day, different people find different people interesting.

EDIT: i guess what im trying to say is just be yourself and you will find other similar people. (unless you are really boring and dont do anything ever in which case you probably should do something)

ReputationRep:
    someone with the same mindset as me but different experiences... experiences i wish i had

ReputationRep:
    Sense of humours usually interest me. And intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    Not so much what i find interesting. But i used to find it really hard to talk to new people, but i just ask them questions, they are usually very happy talking about themselves and then they'll ask you questions in return. Listen to what they say though so you can use it in further conversations with them.

ReputationRep:
    Fire, Soul, Passion and a happy nature

Someone who knows where they are going, knows what they want from life, but wont step on people simply to achieve it.

Someone who raises themselves above the sometimes dirt-encrusted nature of daily life and tries to live as best they can, as an example to others.

ReputationRep:
    uniqueness. someone who's a bit quirky. not your run of the mill type person.

ReputationRep:
    Usually someone who isn't trying to be someone their not. But yeah to the OP ask questions and gradually i'm sure you'll find what people like/dislike and find things in common/topics to discuss. As for people liking you well thats personal preference..but be yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Charisma:

Charm
    Humour
    Intelligence
    Difference

?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titch89)
    Someone who doesn't ramble on about great they are.

OP - do you have any hobbies or interests? I find people more interesting if they have similar interests to me.
    God I tell you what does annoy me are people who justify everything by starting the sentence with: "Well when I was in Africa/Nepal/Sixth Form/An Earth Wind & Fire tribute band..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    the question is in the title really.

I find it hard to talk to new people and make them interested in talking to/knowing me.

Any advice is appreciated!

p.s. anon because friends use TSR
    lol meet me and i;ll show you how to make people to be interested in you :rolleyes: ...and lol it will be without any dirty jokes :woo: ehhe

ReputationRep:
    good looks. lol

ReputationRep:
    People who are interesting are only perceived to be so because of similar or intriguing thoughts. You may have a lot in common with a person and find them interesting, regardless of what they've achieved in life, but what matters is that you can relate to them.

Try not to think too much. You either mesh with someone or you don't. Don't force it and just be yourself. Cliché, I know.

ReputationRep:
    Doing something other than sitting on TSR?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2008
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.