For people that did food tech aqa gcse

Watch this thread
jae jae
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
For nea 2 what are your top tips to getting higher marks/grades
Lshort17
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I did this 2 years ago but can you remind me of what was in this section as i did nea1 and 2 and i cant remember which way round it was.

Was it the one where you had to cook 3-4 meals? Or was it the experiment one?0
jae jae
Rep:
(Original post by Lshort17)
I did this 2 years ago but can you remind me of what was in this section as i did nea1 and 2 and i cant remember which way round it was.

Was it the one where you had to cook 3-4 meals? Or was it the experiment one?0
The 3-4 meals one 😄
Lshort17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jae jae)
The 3-4 meals one 😄
Ah right, i liked doing that one! What is your options. I had to pick a european country and do dishes from there. I chose France which i kinda regretted as i love italian haha! I did italy as a mock so i couldnt do it again. I would suggest doing lots of research. Pick food that you would enjoy eating as it makes you enjoy doing it more if that makes sense. I managed to get an 8 in food tech. I have no idea how haha
Lshort17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
If you have any questions im happy to help
jae jae
Rep:
(Original post by Lshort17)
Ah right, i liked doing that one! What is your options. I had to pick a european country and do dishes from there. I chose France which i kinda regretted as i love italian haha! I did italy as a mock so i couldnt do it again. I would suggest doing lots of research. Pick food that you would enjoy eating as it makes you enjoy doing it more if that makes sense. I managed to get an 8 in food tech. I have no idea how haha
Was your dish COMPLEX COMPLEX
We haven’t been given the choices yet 😅
Lshort17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jae jae)
Was your dish COMPLEX COMPLEX
We haven’t been given the choices yet 😅
Oh right! You have all that to look forward to haha. You decide what dish you want to choose. So its as complex as you make it haha! Its all about presentation. I if you want high marks make sure you pick something with lots and lots of different cooking methods. Try not to pick the same types. I made sauteed potatoes with some veg but my teacher said i needed something to go with it so she made some bread to accompany. For some reason it didn’t affect my grade as she helped 😂

I made these for my final exam:

chocolate gateau, with strawberries and cream filling. It was massive. I only had to present a slice

Sauteed potatoes with vegetables with some herbs (very inventive i know 😂)

Ratatouille Jambalaya (it was originally just ratatouille but to get the extra marks i added my own twist. I like spicy food and i love rice so i decided to give the mexican jambalaya dish a french theme)

Cant remember if i did a forth. Was obviously not that great if i did 😂😂

Foe the written work i made a questionnaire for my mfl teachers to fill out regarding anything french cuisine related. Try to do some external research through these kinda things not just the basic google search. This will up your marks for your written work.

As you havent got your scenario yet i cant really give you any pointers on it as i dont think every year is the same topic. When you do get it feel free to ask for any ideas. You are more than welcome to! The exam is a long long time so be prepared for standing in a warm kitchen for several hours and make sure you make a recipe plan that knits in all the recipes together so you make the most of the time and i strongly suggest trying them at home tl
Make sure they work. I initially wanted to make a chocolate roulade which was on the initial plan but when it came to doing it as a practice mine failed massively so i had to ditch it. This wasnt a problem as i was allowed to change it as long as it used the same method of cooking etc this is why i chose a choc gateau

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (60)
16.26%
The paper was reasonable (180)
48.78%
Not feeling great about that exam... (92)
24.93%
It was TERRIBLE (37)
10.03%

Watched Threads