Turn on thread page Beta

Which Is Cheaper, England Or Scotland? watch

Announcements
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm Looking Into Different Unis, In General, Which Unis (i.e Tuition Fees Etc) Are Cheaper, The Ones In Scotland Or The Ones In England....

For Scotland I'm Looking At Edinburgh/Aberdeen
    England Any Really

It's For Medicine

Can Someone Find Just The Sort Of Average Prices Or Something?

Positive Rep If You Do =]

x

ReputationRep:
    Scotland unis for med is 2300 or somewhere close to that..

ReputationRep:
    Haven't got the faintest idea about average prices - sorry. But one thing to bear in mind is the cost of living. I'm going to Aberdeen in September, and when I went for an open day, everything seemed much more expensive than here in Newcastle. I expect it'll be the same for Edinburgh. But in England, you could go to a pretty cheap city, and it could work out cheaper, even if you pay more in tuition fees.

You could ask in the Aberdeen Unis and the Edinburgh Uni forum for rough prices?

ReputationRep:
    The tuition fees for an English student should be on their websites. Scotland generally do have cheaper fees. Aberdeen and Edinburgh and possibly the two most expensive cities to live in in Scotland, though so it could work out cheaper going somewhere in England.

ReputationRep:
    Scottish Uni's have a lot cheaper fee's. Maybe try take a look at Glasgow Uni. They're a bit cheaper than the rest from what I gathered at the open day.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...ity_tuition.3F has some information on tution fees.

ReputationRep:
    Tuition fees - if you are English.

Study in England 3445 ish
    Study in Scotland 2825

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.