The Student Room Group

The Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2020/21

Scroll to see replies

Still not heard from Clyde & Co despite seeing people get AC invites - I went to their open day so really thought my app was strong! Guess no rejection yet is a good sign
Original post by 18911
So I applied to Hogan and I have the confirmation my app has been sent but I haven't heard fromthem. Anyone else in the same situation?

Yes, same situation. Applied mid November
Original post by conniek
Still not heard from Clyde & Co despite seeing people get AC invites - I went to their open day so really thought my app was strong! Guess no rejection yet is a good sign

I had this with Bird and going to the open day too yet rejected! Fingers crossed for you :smile:
Anyone else submitted an application with Irwin Mitchell? I cannot seem to find where to put in details about GCSEs and A levels?
Reply 984
The online judgement test we have to do for Simmons after sending the app is just the Watson Glaser right? Is it different in any way?
Original post by 18911
The online judgement test we have to do for Simmons after sending the app is just the Watson Glaser right? Is it different in any way?

It’s not a WG, it’s a situational judgement test. If you pass the first stage then you have to do a VI and a verbal reasoning test and a logical reasoning test
Probably a bit late to be wondering this as the app deadline is 7/1, but does anyone know the process for Burges Salmon? I’m struggling to find it online. All I know is that the WG is done in the AC
Reply 987
So the debevoise app says its open till the 3rd Jan, does that mean we can still submit it tomorrow (on the 3rd) or does it have to be sent today (2nd)
Original post by lawstudentt99
Anyone else submitted an application with Irwin Mitchell? I cannot seem to find where to put in details about GCSEs and A levels?

I think they stopped asking for GCSE and A Level results to attract a wider pool of candidates/improve diversity.
just wondering if anyone has heard back from slaughter and may about their spring vac scheme? i haven’t so i’m assuming it’s a PFO
Original post by itslauren01
just wondering if anyone has heard back from slaughter and may about their spring vac scheme? i haven’t so i’m assuming it’s a PFO

I’m still waiting on the summer VS. Applied mid Nov so also assuming PFO, but there’s always hope!
Does anyone know how common it is to be rejected but not get an email from grad rec? Anyone have any experiences like this, and if so, what firm? Thanks
Where do I mention the open days I've been to on an app form? Do I put them in at all? I've heard to put them in work experience but does that mean each one separately? (There's no 'extra info' section on this form either)
Original post by what.happened
Where do I mention the open days I've been to on an app form? Do I put them in at all? I've heard to put them in work experience but does that mean each one separately? (There's no 'extra info' section on this form

Yes put them all in, and you can put them all in one in the work experience section! Detail whether they were by application or not.
Original post by figuringitout1
Yes put them all in, and you can put them all in one in the work experience section! Detail whether they were by application or not.

I usually attach a legal CV - I think some firms state do not attach a cover letter or CV and other have mentioned that open days and first year schemes don’t count as work experience but can be included within the application questions.

It’s a really tough one. Attending open days or networking events will help clear these things up!
Original post by city329
Just wanted to come on here to say I recently got a TC offer at my dream firm! Don’t give up guys, I promise you will get there (I never thought I would!)

Happy to give advice/assist with application questions if that would help anyone (feel like I wouldn’t have got my TC without asking questions on here). I also have very average A-Levels so hopefully I’m proof that it can be done!

Congrats! Which firm was it?
Original post by hp4327
I don't know if it has changed much as I had not done it before this year. Basically make sure to brain storm examples for competency based questions, brush up on commercial awareness and Bakers approach... all the usual stuff, no surprises. Good luck!

Thank you :h: Hopefully third time lucky doing it for me haha!
Original post by city329
Just wanted to come on here to say I recently got a TC offer at my dream firm! Don’t give up guys, I promise you will get there (I never thought I would!)

Happy to give advice/assist with application questions if that would help anyone (feel like I wouldn’t have got my TC without asking questions on here). I also have very average A-Levels so hopefully I’m proof that it can be done!

Could I ask which firms you have experience with applying to?
Original post by figuringitout1
Yes, same situation. Applied mid November

(edited 2 years ago)
Completed the Gowling video interview... has anyone heard back already?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending