Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I think it ruins your hair tbh.

I dyed my hair platinum blonde 3 days ago, panicked and today I dyed it pitch black.

Whatever dying does to your hair - I think my hair must be ruined!

ReputationRep:
    Dying your hair lighter or darker? You didn't say.
    Dying your hair darker is a grey area, it doesn't tend to damage the hair as much as a lightener such as peroxide which manipulates the hairs natural structure, which means bleaching or lightening hair always leaves some damage.
    Your hair is dead from the moment its off the root and if you ruined it with a dye it would just grow back completely normal. But if you want to use bleach repeatedly on the scalp it probably will cause the folicles of the hair to grow weaker.
    I worked in Sally Hair and Beauty suppliers and quite often had people asking the same questions.
    Btw to dye your hair platinum without damaging it has to be in stages with a professional toner in between (you don't have to go to a salon although it is advised use a jerome&russel toner under a heater it moisturises and will take all yellow away), and black is the hardest colour to lift so good luck.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.