When do we add the course we want to do on UCAS?

Watch
Hatch5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have spoken to the clearing line and they asked me to email them their certificates, she said it might take a few days to get back as they have a large volume of emails coming in. Do I wait until they confirm my grades before adding my chosen course, or do I add it now?
This is for DMU Law.
Thanks!
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hatch5)
I have spoken to the clearing line and they asked me to email them their certificates, she said it might take a few days to get back as they have a large volume of emails coming in. Do I wait until they confirm my grades before adding my chosen course, or do I add it now?
This is for DMU Law.
Thanks!
did they say they were definitely offering you a place? how did they phrase it?
mttsmth
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Hatch5)
This is for DMU Law.
Thanks!
I spoke to UCAS this morning and they warned me that I should be granted permission by the Uni before I select the course on clearing, however when I spoke to the university, they stated that to see my application, I'll need to select it on clearing. Once selected, they checked my application and then advised me to send across pictures of my qualifications (I'm 25 and a potential mature student so already have results).

Hope this helps!
Hatch5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Aw ok that’s interesting! I did wonder how they would see my application! I am also 25 and have my results. Hope all goes well for you! They didn’t give me any firm offer but did say that it sounds like I already have the right grades. Maybe I will wait a few days and see if they reply to my email. I’m keen to get an offer (if I were to be successful!) before the a level results day incase spaces fill up after then!
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to receive a verbal offer before you add them as a choice on UCAS.
Kat_277
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was also advised by a university clearing team to add the course to track. I'm a mature student and not awaiting any results. They said that's how they deal with applications from mature students. So I did and now I'm stuck in a limbo waiting...since 21st July.

Will be ringing them and asking to be rejected as I have other cleaning options progressing faster.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (48)
14.37%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.77%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.23%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.88%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.39%

Watched Threads