The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

biomedical engineering at kings

how respected is the king's biomedical engineering MEng course? what are the career prospects like?
Original post by green212
how respected is the king's biomedical engineering MEng course? what are the career prospects like?

I can’t comment for how respected the course is, but the best way to check is to see if the course is accredited by the royal academy of engineering. In regards to career prospects for biomedical engineering there are quite a lot. Many of my colleagues have went into all different industries from patent and medical law, to medical device innovation and tissue engineering.
At this moment, careers specific for biomedical engineering are rather limited, but hopefully this will change in the next decade or so. That being said, having a degree in engineering by no means limits one in careers available, especially biomedical engineering since you can do biomedical engineering, other forms of engineering or medical based careers. I personally, after having gained my biomedical engineering degree from the university of Glasgow, have started pursing a further degree in cancer research and precision oncology with aims to perhaps apply for GEM.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
I was wondering specifically how reputable the kings college biomedical engineering ourse is, especially compared with ucl
Reply 3
I was wondering specifically how reputable the kings college biomedical engineering ourse is, especially compared with ucl

i know that icl has a much higher university ranking than kcl so i’d recommend ucl over kcl
Reply 4
What are prospects for foreign students pursuing Biomedical Engineering in Uk? I have offers from ucl and Kings? But going by limited career prospects as described above, trying to decide whether to study locally or pay the higher Tution fees meant for international students.
Reply 5
Original post by Teez09
What are prospects for foreign students pursuing Biomedical Engineering in Uk? I have offers from ucl and Kings? But going by limited career prospects as described above, trying to decide whether to study locally or pay the higher Tution fees meant for international students.

i also want to find out about the prospects in the UK, but if you’re choosing between ucl and kings; i’ve heard that ucl is better for careers and facilities
I was wondering specifically how reputable the kings college biomedical engineering ourse is, especially.

I got offers rom both King’s and UCL for BME and I’m firming King’s.

Look at the modules for both unis, see which one you prefer.

King’s course is a lot more focused on the bio side, while UCL’s is very mechanical based. I found that the King’s modules appealed more to me, so I went with the uni that offered the kind of experience I wanted

My advice is forget everything and just look at both courses, and make a decision that way.

When I was looking into this course, I spoke to 4-5 alumni’s from King’s and they had nothing but positives to say about both the uni and course.

Good luckz
Original post by ZXX TENTACLES

King’s course is a lot more focused on the bio side, while UCL’s is very mechanical based. I found that the King’s modules appealed more to me, so I went with the uni that offered the kind of experience I wanted

My advice is forget everything and just look at both courses, and make a decision that way.

When I was looking into this course, I spoke to 4-5 alumni’s from King’s and they had nothing but positives to say about both the uni and course.

Good luckz

Hi, if you don’t mind me asking, what A-Levels did you take? And also, is further maths a real advantage for biomedical engineering?
Thanks in advance
Reply 8
Original post by ZXX TENTACLES

Good luckz

What were your predicted grades ?
What grades did you get?
Original post by Teez09

I'm in the same situation now. Have you started uni yet @Teez09? If so, where did you decide to go in the end? Thanks.

Latest