green212
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
how respected is the king's biomedical engineering MEng course? what are the career prospects like?
Lewis T K
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by green212)
how respected is the king's biomedical engineering MEng course? what are the career prospects like?
I can’t comment for how respected the course is, but the best way to check is to see if the course is accredited by the royal academy of engineering. In regards to career prospects for biomedical engineering there are quite a lot. Many of my colleagues have went into all different industries from patent and medical law, to medical device innovation and tissue engineering.
At this moment, careers specific for biomedical engineering are rather limited, but hopefully this will change in the next decade or so. That being said, having a degree in engineering by no means limits one in careers available, especially biomedical engineering since you can do biomedical engineering, other forms of engineering or medical based careers. I personally, after having gained my biomedical engineering degree from the university of Glasgow, have started pursing a further degree in cancer research and precision oncology with aims to perhaps apply for GEM.
Last edited by Lewis T K; 3 months ago
green212
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I was wondering specifically how reputable the kings college biomedical engineering ourse is, especially compared with ucl
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (130)
28.38%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.76%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (89)
19.43%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (43)
9.39%
No - I live at home during term anyway (133)
29.04%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed