bagersnake
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

does anyone know how you apply for 2021 entry when you still have a 2020 application.
I applied for Unis this year but have declined all my offers and am looking to apply for 2021 to different unis/courses.

thank you
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bagersnake)
Hi,

does anyone know how you apply for 2021 entry when you still have a 2020 application.
I applied for Unis this year but have declined all my offers and am looking to apply for 2021 to different unis/courses.

thank you
You will need to cancel your 2020 application entirely to start a new one now, I believe. AFIAK, you can't start a 2021 application whilst still holding the option to apply for courses in clearing etc.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

thank you
Yes you will need to start a new application for 2021 from September. The good news is that you can use your old personal statement if you want to (or adapt it) without being accused of plagiarism
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

thank you
Some universities might allow you to defer an offer you get through clearing.
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thegalaxy)
Some universities might allow you to defer an offer you get through clearing.
The whole point of clearing is to fill spaces for this year- it is pretty rare to be able to get a deferred offer via clearing!
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SarcAndSpark)
The whole point of clearing is to fill spaces for this year- it is pretty rare to be able to get a deferred offer via clearing!
I did so it’s possible!
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Possible but unlikely
SarcAndSpark
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by thegalaxy)
I did so it’s possible!
I said pretty rare, not impossible.

It's not a viable strategy for most people.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (50)
21.83%
No (179)
78.17%

Watched Threads