The Student Room Group

Changing Accomodation

Today i went to see my flat (west park villas - dundee) but they wouldnt let me in cos there was some conference. I really don't wanna go there now tho :frown: it is soooo far away from campus and i just feel like its gonna be rubbish not being a stone's throw away from the union and lectures. :no: I have signed the contract so is it too late to change if there are any openings? :frown: my feet are soooo sore too lol :p:
Reply 1
I honestly don't know about it being too late to change but i suspect every uni will be different,the best advice I can give is to call the accomodation people at the uni asap and ask how you would go about changing,the only other advice is maybe posting a topic on here and other student sites to see if anyone would be willing to change and go through that route

Hope you get it sorted =)

AJxx
Reply 2
You can apply for a flat change in October. Many people do that, when the flat change forms come out. You will have to bear it for just around a month. West Park isnt that bad btw. The only downside is its a bit far from campus. Most people I know from West Park just come in for their 1st lecture and leave only at the end of the day(or early next morning, if its Friday :biggrin:).
Reply 3
xx-gill-xx
Today i went to see my flat (west park villas - dundee) but they wouldnt let me in cos there was some conference. I really don't wanna go there now tho :frown: it is soooo far away from campus and i just feel like its gonna be rubbish not being a stone's throw away from the union and lectures. :no: I have signed the contract so is it too late to change if there are any openings? :frown: my feet are soooo sore too lol :p:

As ish90an said you can apply to change flats in October. West Park isn't really that far away from campus though and the banter there is meant to be pretty good. It's a 10-15minute walk max which isn't exactly far. As for being close to the union, the night bus picks up and drops off at West Park for free and the walk in the morning to lectures will probably help with waking you up! Give it a month and you'll probably realise it isn't that bad and if you have nice flatmates you probably won't want a transfer anyway :P
(If you really don't wanna live there though you could try phoning the accommodation office coz there's so much accommodation now that it may be undersubscribed. I know they were asking 2nd, 3rd and 4th years to go back into halls which suggests they have spare rooms).