Smithster1977
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just missed my offer for Strathclyde but should get on appeal! UCAS still not updated!! What’s my chances of getting an offer?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Smithster1977)
Just missed my offer for Strathclyde but should get on appeal! UCAS still not updated!! What’s my chances of getting an offer?
Hiya, sorry it's taken so long for someone to answer this.

Was Strathclyde your firm or insurance?
Have Strathclyde rejected you? Or are they considering you for a near miss?
Never rely on grade appeals as most of them don't do anything.
Smithster1977
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Hiya, sorry it's taken so long for someone to answer this.

Was Strathclyde your firm or insurance?
Have Strathclyde rejected you? Or are they considering you for a near miss?
Never rely on grade appeals as most of them don't do anything.
Strathclyde my firm and not sure about near miss! My grades have been adjusted by SQA despite a) my teachers awarding As and b) they are both practical subjects where I have complete portfolio submissions! My school is outraged because SQA seem to have plucked who’s grades to lower out the air!! My parents are also furious. Do you think they would consider me a near miss at B level with an extra B in the bank? Both Bs are top level Bs reduced by SQA?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Strathclyde my firm and not sure about near miss! My grades have been adjusted by SQA despite a) my teachers awarding As and b) they are both practical subjects where I have complete portfolio submissions! My school is outraged because SQA seem to have plucked who’s grades to lower out the air!! My parents are also furious. Do you think they would consider me a near miss at B level with an extra B in the bank? Both Bs are top level Bs reduced by SQA?
What does UCAS Track show?
And what's your insurance?
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there Smithster1977 ! I know what a worrying time these past couple of days have been. I'm wondering if you've been able to chat to our team yet on Live Chat? We're available all week to help and advise as best as we can. Even if you've missed your conditions the selector may still consider you for a place, it depends by how much the grades were missed by.

If you haven't already, come and chat to us over on this webpage.

- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (0)
0%
Less motivated (0)
0%

Watched Threads