Is it possible for a management grad (2:1) to get an accounting grad scheme?

Watch
BatmanRH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Or an audit scheme. The degree I did was BsC Management with Accounting at RoHo. Thanks in advance.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes - pretty common in fact.
BatmanRH
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
yes - pretty common in fact.
How do you know?
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BatmanRH)
How do you know?
I’m a pretty experienced accountant, ex big 4, and have read the statistics about recruitment by degree course on the icaew website.
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Big four don't mind which degree you do, as long as you meet the minimum academic requirements. Some of their candidates have a degree completely irrelevant to finance or accounting, history and geography etc.
BatmanRH
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
I’m a pretty experienced accountant, ex big 4, and have read the statistics about recruitment by degree course on the icaew website.
That's slightly reassuring I guess!
georginacb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BatmanRH)
Or an audit scheme. The degree I did was BsC Management with Accounting at RoHo. Thanks in advance.
Yes definitely. If you need more clarity to help get your career goals on track, I would recommend asking a career coach. Grad Offer really helped me personally, and made me realise more of my transferrable skills for applications
sk09
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by georginacb)
Yes definitely. If you need more clarity to help get your career goals on track, I would recommend asking a career coach. Grad Offer really helped me personally, and made me realise more of my transferrable skills for applications
Hi, yes, Grad Offer is definitely a great starting point to get you on track with your plans
al2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I second this I know people in my year who have Music, History, Engineering, English degrees etc. The majority of people do have some form of business, management, economics, accounting degree.

(Original post by 9389843)
Big four don't mind which degree you do, as long as you meet the minimum academic requirements. Some of their candidates have a degree completely irrelevant to finance or accounting, history and geography et
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (0)
0%
Less motivated (1)
100%

Watched Threads