I have coronavirus

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was tested positive with coronavirus this morning. I got tested because we were planning on going on holiday in a couple days and wanted to make sure we didn’t have it. My entire family tested negative apart from me. I didn’t have any symptoms, no cough, no high fever, nothing. If I wasn’t tested I would’ve just gone about my day normally. My entire family is self isolating for 14 days now and I have some questions for people who have had it. I’m a healthy 17 year old girl btw.

1) what were your symptoms like (if any)
2) how long did it take for you to recover
3) did you give it to any family members
4) what did you do in the time that you had to self isolate
5) how long did it take the virus to leave your body and you got a negative coronavirus result.

Many thanks, I’m just freaking out a bit.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Could be a false positive
KelsieTaylor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You don't need to worry too much about it. Most healthy, young people like yourself recover from the virus, without too many issues.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
In the first week I was normal. However, in the second and third weeks I started feeling dizzy, had high temperatures , couldn’t stop coughing and my lungs were literally destroyed. Now I’m absolutely fine and grateful
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Get well soon :hugs: :heart:
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
In the first week I was normal. However, in the second and third weeks I started feeling dizzy, had high temperatures , couldn’t stop coughing and my lungs were literally destroyed. Now I’m absolutely fine and grateful
Btw I’m 18 if that helps
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Attachment 936626. I hope this helps
xalevels432
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you know how you got it? Who you came into contact with?
Etomidate
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How did you get tested for this purpose?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Etomidate)
How did you get tested for this purpose?
I got tested because we were about to go on holiday and I got an NHS test. It was free and really easy, you can book it online.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dentistry432)
Do you know how you got it? Who you came into contact with?
Sadly I don’t. I haven’t seen any of my friends for over a week. I imagine I got it at a supermarket or from takeaway food
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly? I wouldn't ask on here and expect serious replies.
Anonymous #1
Oh no! I’m so sorry that happened to you. I’ve only got a slight fever of 37.8 now and that’s it, I hope my case doesn’t develop like yours. Glad to hear you are better now
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sounds like it as the original poster is pretending to reply to their thread ^^
karl pilkington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
RIP
foreverrocking
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Get better
Etomidate
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got tested because we were about to go on holiday and I got an NHS test. It was free and really easy, you can book it online.
There are certain criteria that must be met in order to receive an NHS test. Your entire family lied to obtain them, taking resources from people who actually need them. Well done.
getlostloser
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
RIP
Anonymous #1
There are certain criteria that must be met in order to receive an NHS test. Your entire family lied to obtain them, taking resources from people who actually need them. Well done.
I literally tested positive, imagine how many people I would've infected on the plane, in shops and in the hotel. It's not a waste of resources as I discovered I have it and am now not going to infect people as i am self-isolating along with my family. IN fact more people should get tested if they are unsure whether they have symptoms because clearly a lot of people aren't and are just going around infecting people. A lot more people clearly have it who don't have symptoms which is going to cause another spike if more people don't get tested smh. We also asked out GP whether we should get a test and she said we should so clearly that certain criteria was met.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
But not everyone is testing so there are loads of leftovers
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (45)
13.68%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.98%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (120)
36.47%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
10.03%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (67)
20.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.47%

Watched Threads