melissaaaq
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am considering to take biology chemistry and economics will it be a good combination? I hope that I can get into the business, pharmacy or medical degree. is maths really important as I am not good at it and predicted an E fro GCSE
Dechante
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maths would be preferable but at the same time you only really need two of the science A levels to get into medicine or pharmacy. I have seen so many classmates get into medicine with biology, chemistry and psychology so it's not the end of the world. You're better off taking economics and getting AAA in your A levels than taking maths and getting BBC
robertgallacher
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That is a good combination, yes, but you may want to consider the likelihood of excelling in your sciences if you are struggling with your Maths. Whilst the Maths in A-Level Chemistry (and possibly biology, I don't take it) isn't conceptually difficult, there are a lot of calculations to do that are approximately GCSE-level.
melissaaaq
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dechante)
Maths would be preferable but at the same time you only really need two of the science A levels to get into medicine or pharmacy. I have seen so many classmates get into medicine with biology, chemistry and psychology so it's not the end of the world. You're better off taking economics and getting AAA in your A levels than taking maths and getting BBC
ahhh i see, okay thank you very much !!!
melissaaaq
Rep:
?
(Original post by robertgallacher)
That is a good combination, yes, but you may want to consider the likelihood of excelling in your sciences if you are struggling with your Maths. Whilst the Maths in A-Level Chemistry (and possibly biology, I don't take it) isn't conceptually difficult, there are a lot of calculations to do that are approximately GCSE-level.
notedd,, thankyouu i will take that into consideration!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (54)
25.59%
Less motivated (157)
74.41%

Watched Threads