2 week glow up?

Watch
MaryamKH
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is it possible to lose weight in 2 weeks? With HIIT workouts and healthy-ish diet?
Only looking to lose a little weight mostly around mid section (like thighs and stomachs and lower back) I know u gotta spot reduce but overall is is possible to get toned-ish?
disappointable
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not exactly within 2 weeks. Atleast not in a very sustainable way as far as I'm aware. Getting "toned" would mean cardio and muscle building, all of which take quite a bit of time.
nzy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Spot reduction isn't a scientifically proven concept. AFAIK, you can't force your body to use up energy from particular parts of your body when you exercise, but you can make your stomach (etc.) look more toned by performing exercises that specifically target muscles there.

Losing weight is just calories in < calories out. Provided you have a healthy diet and get all the right nutrition, it doesn't matter exactly what you eat or necessarily what your choice of exercise even is, so long as it works for you. HIIT cardio is good for burning calories, so go for it.

In a literal sense, you can lose weight in 2 weeks, but it probably won't be as much as you want and might not be noticeable. Your better off thinking in longer time-frames and being more consistent.
mistyflora
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You could potentially lose some, however it is more sustainable to do a gradual process otherwise once you lose the weight you could easily gain it back again. Those workout things on YouTube like Chloe Ting can be good, but it seems too much to do it every single day.
.unknown
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It wouldnt have a noticeable effect in just 2 weeks
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MaryamKH)
Is it possible to lose weight in 2 weeks? With HIIT workouts and healthy-ish diet?
Only looking to lose a little weight mostly around mid section (like thighs and stomachs and lower back) I know u gotta spot reduce but overall is is possible to get toned-ish?
Spot reduction is not a real thing and getting toned has no set in stone definition.
Keels25
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Weightlifting is a great way to tone up your entire body but it takes time and dedication - once you get into a routine though, it can be highly enjoyable.
cc_babyy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MaryamKH)
Yeah it is ... but you have to be consistent and it also depends on your body and how it operates and everything but just watch YouTube videos on what you want to work on and it will help effectively if you’re CONSISTENT and a have a good diet 😊
Last edited by cc_babyy; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.77%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
13.21%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (8)
15.09%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (6)
11.32%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (21)
39.62%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (9)
16.98%

Watched Threads