So confused what's next as of year 11, please help me out!!

Watch
daisyfreshdella
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Please can I get some advice from anyone who has finished A Levels, or has any idea how to make it easier/less stressful?

So as everyone knows, we're getting our GCSE results in like 16 days. But I don't know what I even want to do next. Obviously I've applied to sixth forms and I've picked Psychology, Geography and Sociology.

I'm thinking of doing teaching in Geography, or perhaps Psychology and Mental Health in Royal Holloway... but they both seem so tricky! I don't know if I'm taking a really big jump, but I fee; pressured by my sister knowing exactly what she wants to do (she's going into year 13)

What's next?!
daisyfreshdella
Rep:
?
Also I'm thinking of doing Health and Social Care to get into Royal Holloway uni! Level 3
jasmeenx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi there! just finished my alevels, waiting for my results next week! i did law, psych and maths and i’m going on to do a law degree this year !

my first word of advice would be to keep a calm head thru ur alevels; i’m sure you’ve already heard that they are quite difficult and a challenge compared to GCSEs. however, don’t let this affect you! manage ur time and take every little test seriously— it makes the world’s difference! i took all of my law tests seriously (even tiny end of unit ones) and that was the subject i was most confident in by the end of year 13 because i had been learning the content as i went along! it’s a big big help and you will thank yourself for it.

secondly, it is amazing to be ambitious ! don’t let the concept of a difficult admission to your dream university/degree deter you from applying in the first place. focus on doing your absolute best in ur alevels and i’m sure your college/sixth form will provide you with advice and support in the end of year 12 to help you make a decision best for you. for now, take a break and clear ur head before starting ur alevels.. it’s going to be an experience!!!

lastly, don’t let anyone distract you or affect your studies. it’s really not worth it. be a “sweat”, try your hardest because you’ll thank yourself down the line.

best of luck, and don’t hesitate to ask any questions bc i’m happy to answer😋😋
daisyfreshdella
Rep:
?
(Original post by jasmeenx)
hi there! just finished my alevels, waiting for my results next week! i did law, psych and maths and i’m going on to do a law degree this year !

my first word of advice would be to keep a calm head thru ur alevels; i’m sure you’ve already heard that they are quite difficult and a challenge compared to GCSEs. however, don’t let this affect you! manage ur time and take every little test seriously— it makes the world’s difference! i took all of my law tests seriously (even tiny end of unit ones) and that was the subject i was most confident in by the end of year 13 because i had been learning the content as i went along! it’s a big big help and you will thank yourself for it.

secondly, it is amazing to be ambitious ! don’t let the concept of a difficult admission to your dream university/degree deter you from applying in the first place. focus on doing your absolute best in ur alevels and i’m sure your college/sixth form will provide you with advice and support in the end of year 12 to help you make a decision best for you. for now, take a break and clear ur head before starting ur alevels.. it’s going to be an experience!!!

lastly, don’t let anyone distract you or affect your studies. it’s really not worth it. be a “sweat”, try your hardest because you’ll thank yourself down the line.

best of luck, and don’t hesitate to ask any questions bc i’m happy to answer😋😋
Thank you so so much for replying, I wasn't expecting one! I see what you're saying about the focusing, and I wish you good luck in your results!! I'm kinda confused a lot on the degree stuff, but I'm guessing I don't need to understand all that yet? By that I mean like all the uni terminology and requirements and stuff
jasmeenx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by daisyfreshdella)
Thank you so so much for replying, I wasn't expecting one! I see what you're saying about the focusing, and I wish you good luck in your results!! I'm kinda confused a lot on the degree stuff, but I'm guessing I don't need to understand all that yet? By that I mean like all the uni terminology and requirements and stuff
yes, i think you dont need to look too far ahead just yet. the majority of year 12 will involve you just settling in and getting used to the workload and alevels themselves. near the end of the year, you will start to look more seriously at what course you want to do at university, because you are kinda thrust head first into university applications in year 13! but yeah, once you start the alevels, you will slowly understand what you enjoy the most and what you want to do in the future so just keep an open mind and try your best
daisyfreshdella
Rep:
?
(Original post by jasmeenx)
yes, i think you dont need to look too far ahead just yet. the majority of year 12 will involve you just settling in and getting used to the workload and alevels themselves. near the end of the year, you will start to look more seriously at what course you want to do at university, because you are kinda thrust head first into university applications in year 13! but yeah, once you start the alevels, you will slowly understand what you enjoy the most and what you want to do in the future so just keep an open mind and try your best
Oh okay I understand! Thank you so muchhhh! I really appreciate it, god bless you!
jasmeenx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by daisyfreshdella)
Oh okay I understand! Thank you so muchhhh! I really appreciate it, god bless you!
thats totally fine! good luck for your GCSE results, and for your alevels ! <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (26)
31.33%
Less motivated (57)
68.67%

Watched Threads