The Student Room Group

English language

I know nothing and need help for when I do gcse as I’m going into year 11 in September
Are you taking it as its own Qualification or is it like AQA English where they seperate it for no particular reason? (i can help with the second one)
Same here, English language is weird as I don’t know how to study it. Like I can’t do a past paper if I don’t know how to do the paper. So I need to learn all of the things like sentence forms and techniques. But I can’t find anyone who can help. I’ve looked at mr Bruff and use him for literature but language I can’t understand with him.
Here is a thread from last year, https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6330018&p=86999318#post86999318

I posted a reply which explains what the examiners are looking for and how to answer the questions. It is practically impossible to revise for english language as half is comprehension and the other is creative writing (i believe). There are a few techniques you can practice though! Like learning the names of authorial method stuff: Semantic field, imagery, repetition, alliteration, sibilance, etc. Most of it is all in my reply on the thread for ya :smile:

Hope this helps!
what do you need help with exactly?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending