Charlotte2005
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know nothing and need help for when I do gcse as I’m going into year 11 in September
SnowyOwl102
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you taking it as its own Qualification or is it like AQA English where they seperate it for no particular reason? (i can help with the second one)
Mustafa2021
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Same here, English language is weird as I don’t know how to study it. Like I can’t do a past paper if I don’t know how to do the paper. So I need to learn all of the things like sentence forms and techniques. But I can’t find anyone who can help. I’ve looked at mr Bruff and use him for literature but language I can’t understand with him.
SnowyOwl102
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Here is a thread from last year, https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...8#post86999318

I posted a reply which explains what the examiners are looking for and how to answer the questions. It is practically impossible to revise for english language as half is comprehension and the other is creative writing (i believe). There are a few techniques you can practice though! Like learning the names of authorial method stuff: Semantic field, imagery, repetition, alliteration, sibilance, etc. Most of it is all in my reply on the thread for ya

Hope this helps!
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what do you need help with exactly?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.35%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.9%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (170)
38.46%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.41%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.68%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.2%

Watched Threads