beachpanda
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm self-studying A-Level maths and getting on well with most of the spec, but I'm struggling with Proof. Finding it really difficult to understand how to infer what's required from questions and I don't really understand what's going on in the worked examples I've found online or answers to questions.

I've spent the day working through practice questions and reading up on it / watching Youtube videos but still feel pretty lost.

Does anyone have any links to resources or questions on this topic? Or any tips on how to improve? Thanks!
Otherdjrj
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There’s usually a certain number of different proofs that they can ask at a level. So even if you don’t understand it conceptually, just doing a bunch of questions will get you accustomed to the types of proofs.

I personally couldn’t wrap my head around some proofs (just didn’t get them) so I just did all the questions related to that type of proof until I got the method of how to do it
beachpanda
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Otherdjrj)
There’s usually a certain number of different proofs that they can ask at a level. So even if you don’t understand it conceptually, just doing a bunch of questions will get you accustomed to the types of proofs.

I personally couldn’t wrap my head around some proofs (just didn’t get them) so I just did all the questions related to that type of proof until I got the method of how to do it
Took your advice and already feeling way more chill about it - thanks!
Alpacamatrix
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by beachpanda)
Took your advice and already feeling way more chill about it - thanks!
You only really need to know and work on proof by contradiction tbh. Thats the big one. The rest are pretty self explanatory and very intuitive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (31)
25.2%
Less motivated (92)
74.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise