Which Russell group universities partake in the adjustment process?

Watch
emgx123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
And if I get the grades I need for my firm choice can I still go through adjustment because I want to go to a university closer to my house rather than live further away.
EU Yakov
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
check their website, unis that take place usually mention it somewhere

dunno if the UCAS website can be of assistance, they do list the courses in Clearing on there
emgx123
Rep:
?
(Original post by EU Yakov)
check their website, unis that take place usually mention it somewhere

dunno if the UCAS website can be of assistance, they do list the courses in Clearing on there
Thank you, have a nice day!
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most will but adjustment is very difficult to get into. Also you tend to have the last choice in accommodation as most students will have booked theirs with the firm or insurance choice by the time you sort out your adjustment. Where are you looking at. Are you intending to live in.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by emgx123)
And if I get the grades I need for my firm choice can I still go through adjustment because I want to go to a university closer to my house rather than live further away.
You need to exceed your firm offer conditions to use adjustment. If you just meet the conditions then you aren’t eligible
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think adjustment is used anywhere near as much as clearing.

If you get into your firm but don't exceed your firm conditions you'll have to release into clearing if you want to go somewhere else. (but obviously check your desired course is in clearing first)
emgx123
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
You need to exceed your firm offer conditions to use adjustment. If you just meet the conditions then you aren’t eligible
Can’t I just phone up universities on results day and ask if they have any spaces? Just because I’ve applied through UCAS to certain universities doesn’t mean I have to be forced to go if I get into other places
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (50)
21.65%
No (181)
78.35%

Watched Threads