future_11
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Do you think our results will be higher or lower than mocks. I KNOW its different factors but what do you think?
p.s. stressing out lol
PRSR
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I think probably higher cos you would usually make progress from mocks to real exams. Not too sure but there's nothing we can do now so don't stress out too much.
Griffby
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
same here! I didn't put much effort into my mocks AT ALL so I'm hoping it'll be higher than what I got. But the teachers will be taking into account the work you've done in class and what not (bookwork, tests...ect) to try and boost it a bit since they know maybe everyone didn't put 100% into mocks.
But don't fret, their it's very unlikely that your grade will get even lower, your teachers will try to improve it as much as possible
REDDINGZ
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by future_11)
Do you think our results will be higher or lower than mocks. I KNOW its different factors but what do you think?
p.s. stressing out lol
Higher. Schools (my school especially) have a rep to uphold of being "good" and since people dont try too hard in the mocks, on average the grades are lower than what would happen in the actual exam. For example, most people got a 5 in the history mock, but if they give them a low grade later, it reflects badly on the teaching of the department
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
In other years most students do better in the actual GCSE than they do in the mocks and schools will have built this fact into their calculated grades.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (5)
29.41%
I'm not sure (0)
0%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (5)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (1)
5.88%
I'm not a current university student (6)
35.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed