If a second wave occurs will we be getting predicted grades again?

Watch
Jones448
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m starting my first year of uni this year. This year I finished college with predicted grades. If a second wave occurs and we have a second lockdown that lasts up to like 5-6 months like it has right now. How is that going to affect our grades this year? And our education? Will they make us resit the year?
GillisRobbieWGS
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jones448)
I’m starting my first year of uni this year. This year I finished college with predicted grades. If a second wave occurs and we have a second lockdown that lasts up to like 5-6 months like it has right now. How is that going to affect our grades this year? And our education? Will they make us resit the year?
Let's hope not. But if worst comes to the worst and we do end up getting our predicted grades as our grades then your hard work and dedication will be reflected
Jones448
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by GillisRobbieWGS)
Let's hope not. But if worst comes to the worst and we do end up getting our predicted grades as our grades then your hard work and dedication will be reflected
Do you think they can postpone the year? Say as if we can’t start in September they’ll postpone it to like October and we won’t finish till like august?
SportScience98
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Unlikely because unis are more autonomous. I just completed my third year of uni, and we had to do our work as normal.
GillisRobbieWGS
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you think they can postpone the year? Say as if we can’t start in September they’ll postpone it to like October and we won’t finish till like august?
I don't think they'll postpone a whole year. At the end of the day, universities are businesses and they need to make money. Most likely, they're going to lose whole heap of that money because international students won't be coming over. Cambridge and Oxford have said that all their teaching is going to be online if that's what you mean. Most universities start in October anyway so there's no need to worry yourself about that one.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not when they're getting paid £10,000 per student, then with the revenue they generate from their student accomodation, they simply can't afford to postpone anything, don't worry, they will find a way to carry on teaching (and generating income) regardless of a potential second wave
star_gazer_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
Not when they're getting paid £10,000 per student, then with the revenue they generate from their student accomodation, they simply can't afford to postpone anything, don't worry, they will find a way to carry on teaching (and generating income) regardless of a potential second wave
It's all about the money then.
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by star_gazer_)
It's all about the money then.
Of course, universities as well as educational institutions are also businesses with a bottom line to care about
star_gazer_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
Of course, universities as well as educational institutions are also businesses with a bottom line to care about
That's all they care about in my opinion.
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are any of you considering deferring uni..My daughter has had no real tuition or access to workshops or library since March. I do wonder what she is paying for to be honest!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (84)
31.46%
Less motivated (183)
68.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed