SchuylerSister22
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm going into s6 this year so I'll be applying to Uni for next year. I got a No Award/F in Higher Maths and I was wondering how this would affect my application. I got 3A's and 1B on my other Higher's so I already have the grades I need to get in but will my F make them more likely to reject me?
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SchuylerSister22)
I'm going into s6 this year so I'll be applying to Uni for next year. I got a No Award/F in Higher Maths and I was wondering how this would affect my application. I got 3A's and 1B on my other Higher's so I already have the grades I need to get in but will my F make them more likely to reject me?
Unless your course is Maths related, I doubt it.
Unis tend to look at what good grades you do have compared to everyone else, not what grades you didn't do brilliantly in.
So the disadvantage really is having 4 strong grades rather than 5 - not that the 5th grade itself was low.

Does that make sense? :curious:
SchuylerSister22
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
Unless your course is Maths related, I doubt it.
Unis tend to look at what good grades you do have compared to everyone else, not what grades you didn't do brilliantly in.
So the disadvantage really is having 4 strong grades rather than 5 - not that the 5th grade itself was low.

Does that make sense? :curious:
Okay thank you. I'm wanting to do International Business which only requires Nat 5 Maths at a B (which I have)- and you only need Higher Maths if you want to study finance within International Business. I'm going to be doing another 2 Highers this year to make up for my maths grade
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SchuylerSister22)
Okay thank you. I'm wanting to do International Business which only requires Nat 5 Maths at a B (which I have)- and you only need Higher Maths if you want to study finance within International Business. I'm going to be doing another 2 Highers this year to make up for my maths grade
That all sounds great to me. Glad to be of help and best of luck with everything. :thumbsup:

:bl:
Larissa14
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
None at all. I got no award in S5 in biology and still applied for BSc at uni and i just re took biology and still got offers
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (30)
26.79%
Less motivated (82)
73.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed