Foundation year transfer - Business to Law

Watch
hanb1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I am looking to transfer universities and courses. I have recently completed a foundation year studying Business Management at MMU (65%) (I studied Fashion Business AS level instead of sixth form so have completely changed career paths)

I have decided to withdraw from MMU due to the quality of teaching and overall experience being rather mediocre.
I have accepted my place on UCAS to study LLB Law at The University Of Law. (I can't apply through UCAS clearing as I have accepted this as my firm offer) I was declined by my three other choices earlier in the year.

I see quite a few universities still have places through clearing and I'm in the process of sending emails.

Can anyone please advise if im even likely to be considered through clearing? I'm happy with a place at ULaw but I believe they are a better option for Postgraduate study.

Thank you!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hanb1234)
Hi,

I am looking to transfer universities and courses. I have recently completed a foundation year studying Business Management at MMU (65%) (I studied Fashion Business AS level instead of sixth form so have completely changed career paths)

I have decided to withdraw from MMU due to the quality of teaching and overall experience being rather mediocre.
I have accepted my place on UCAS to study LLB Law at The University Of Law. (I can't apply through UCAS clearing as I have accepted this as my firm offer) I was declined by my three other choices earlier in the year.

I see quite a few universities still have places through clearing and I'm in the process of sending emails.

Can anyone please advise if im even likely to be considered through clearing? I'm happy with a place at ULaw but I believe they are a better option for Postgraduate study.

Thank you!
Postgraduate study is for when you have graduated and you have only completed a foundation year.
I would say probably. depends where you are applying and why you were rejected? Have you worked it out? Was it academics or application?
Cant change academics, but you can the application.
hanb1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Postgraduate study is for when you have graduated and you have only completed a foundation year.
I would say probably. depends where you are applying and why you were rejected? Have you worked it out? Was it academics or application?
Cant change academics, but you can the application.
Hi,

Sorry If my post was confusing, I've applied for Undergrad but The University of Law is a better option for Postgrad!

I was rejected this year from:
Cass business school (Business)
Liverpool (Law with Business)
Queen Mary's (Business)
All due to not having the required grades.

Ultimately I believe it was down to academics!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

Sorry If my post was confusing, I've applied for Undergrad but The University of Law is a better option for Postgrad!

I was rejected this year from:
Cass business school (Business)
Liverpool (Law with Business)
Queen Mary's (Business)
All due to not having the required grades.

Ultimately I believe it was down to academics!
First bit still not making that much sense.

The question is how do they regard your foundation year and then you need to find the level where people are interested.
Either prepare an effective email or better still start asking round at unis you think will be interested and get some soundings.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,

Thank you!
What A level or equivalent grades do you have? I didn't understand the bit about your Fashion Business AS level intead of sixth form as an AS is only half of one A level?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (50)
21.93%
No (178)
78.07%

Watched Threads