KThomak
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys,

So I applied to DMU during clearing on the 8th of July after a verbal offer on the 6th. on UCAS it still says that it hasn't been updated since the 8th and they are still considering my application. I was told to wait until the end of the month about 10 days ago and I called yesterday with no additional info than to wait longer.

I have an apartment instead of student accommodation with I have held until the 20th of August but am unsure whether I should start the tenancy yet because they haven't updated UCAS or looked at my application. Is it safe to say that I've gotten in because of the offer or not.

Khalil
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by KThomak)
Hi guys,

So I applied to DMU during clearing on the 8th of July after a verbal offer on the 6th. on UCAS it still says that it hasn't been updated since the 8th and they are still considering my application. I was told to wait until the end of the month about 10 days ago and I called yesterday with no additional info than to wait longer.

I have an apartment instead of student accommodation with I have held until the 20th of August but am unsure whether I should start the tenancy yet because they haven't updated UCAS or looked at my application. Is it safe to say that I've gotten in because of the offer or not.

Khalil
If you have a verbal offer of a place at DMU, the university should honour that, and there shouldn't be any cause for the delay unless they're waiting on any results or qualifications that they don't receive from UCAS?

I wonder if DMU Enquiry Team De Montfort University would be able to explain why things aren't moving as expected?
KThomak
Rep:
?
Thanks 😁🙌🏽
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Same for me! I'm a mature student so my results are already avaliable, but still waiting for confirmation! I'm just so excited to start
I hope you hear back from them soon
KThomak
Rep:
?
Cool, glad to know I'm not alone lol. I wonder if it's them waiting for results day then because I took a gap year and already have my results too 🤔. Hope you hear back from them soon as well 🎉🙌🏽
De Montfort University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi all!

Sorry to hear about the issues you are having. We are currently in UCAS Embargo. This means that we cannot make any changes or have any discussions regarding applications until UCAS reopens 13th August 2020 at 8am. This may have caused some delays. We offer our full apologies and confirm this is a University-wide protocol in conjunction with UCAS

If you have some issues that you would like chased up before then, please do feel free to give us a call on 0116 257 7000 or email [email protected] and ask for me, Alice. I will look into the matters personally as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Alice
Jasmine Bowling
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hope everyone got the results they needed (although the exam boards :mad:)!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (48)
14.37%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.77%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.23%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.88%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed