shane.gopee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I’ve firmed Lancaster University for a Physics Course, I would really love to study there, however I fear my calculated grades may be lower than what I need. I was wondering if the admissions have ever let physics applicants in who have missed their grades, and by how much? My offer is AAA .
Joseph Green
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No clue however I'm going to Lancaster for the same course so for now let's just hope that you make it in!!!!
shane.gopee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Joseph Green)
No clue however I'm going to Lancaster for the same course so for now let's just hope that you make it in!!!!
That’s great ! I’m really hoping for some leniency in grades this year due to the current situation. Who interviewed you - Dr Romito interviewed me, he seemed really nice.
Joseph Green
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shane.gopee)
That’s great ! I’m really hoping for some leniency in grades this year due to the current situation. Who interviewed you - Dr Romito interviewed me, he seemed really nice.
I had Dr Bailey. He was a very fun guy, very clear with explanations. I hope there is some leniency although it doesn't impact me at all. Best of luck with getting in
Joseph Green
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joseph Green)
I had Dr Bailey. He was a very fun guy, very clear with explanations. I hope there is some leniency although it doesn't impact me at all. Best of luck with getting in
Do you want to dm me and we can talk more about it
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I’ve firmed Lancaster University for a Physics Course, I would really love to study there, however I fear my calculated grades may be lower than what I need. I was wondering if the admissions have ever let physics applicants in who have missed their grades, and by how much? My offer is AAA .
It has been known to happen - Lancaster are sometimes able to be a bit lenient on A level results day so Good Luck to you and hope you get your grades or get in anyway
Ghostlady
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My daughters going this year for particle physics. Lancaster will review anyone who has narrowly missed their grades (see link)
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/results/missed-offer/

it also says because of the 2020 situation, they will try to be flexible
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi shane.gopee,
There are currently places in clearing for our Physics course, this suggests that there might be some wriggle room, but the grade requirements haven't yet been released. I'd recommend giving us a call on results day if you miss your offer, to see if you're able to get a place.
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (48)
14.37%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (46)
13.77%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (121)
36.23%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (33)
9.88%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
20.36%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
5.39%

Watched Threads