4 weeks weight loss!

Watch
MaryamKH
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is it possible to lose Weight (only a little) in four weeks?? If so how much is the maximum?
Mike Harriot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MaryamKH)
Is it possible to lose Weight (only a little) in four weeks?? If so how much is the maximum?
You can lose all your weight if you just drink water
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
quite a lot.
but they recommend 1 - 2 pounds a week max
Nutritionist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1% bodyweight per week is a good number to aim for
MaryamKH
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mike Harriot)
R u being serious?? Coz if it works I wanna do it
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mike Harriot)
Dangerous. You shouldnt be promoting that.
MaryamKH
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
quite a lot.
but they recommend 1 - 2 pounds a week max
Thank u sm! Any tips tho?
(Original post by Nutritionist)
1% bodyweight per week is a good number to aim for
That’s seems achievable.... but how do I know my body fat percentage?? Oh and thx so much! Xx
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank u sm! Any tips tho?

That’s seems achievable.... but how do I know my body fat percentage?? Oh and thx so much! Xx
tong of vegetables and water. they'll keep your hunger at bay
Super_M8rio
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Can easily knock out 5kg. Eat 1200 calories each day and easily achieveable.
MaryamKH
Rep:
?
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
I’ve heard that it’s dangerous too, but how exactly ? Ppl always say it’s unhealthy I don’t get how? And even if it is if it works I still kinda wanna try it. U have no idea how much I wanna lose weight
dyelbro
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
water fast cycles
dyelbro
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve heard that it’s dangerous too, but how exactly ? Ppl always say it’s unhealthy I don’t get how? And even if it is if it works I still kinda wanna try it. U have no idea how much I wanna lose weight
it is not dangerous at all, people water fast for months at a time, connor murphy did a 40 day waterfast first try. its dangerous if you dont know what your doing
but i dont recommend water fast for a month, do a 2 day water fast then 5 days eating. buddhist dry fast often aswell
2_versions
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if you don't have any underlying conditions and already have excess fat, then it's not as dangerous as it seems. You can do it for 2 - 3 days (without exercise of course) without having any problems, apart from your brain wanting food. That being said, if you don't know if you have any underlying conditions or don't feel well in your day-to-day then I won't recommend it. I do know people who have done it for 2 and a half days though and I've heard you can go longer but I personally wouldn't, just to stay on the safe side.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your body is meant to eat food. Just use common sense- does starving yourself really sound like a good idea?

I assume your a teenager as well. Not eating/extreme dieting can mess with growth and such. I suggest you look into the subject a bit.
Mike Harriot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
R u being serious?? Coz if it works I wanna do it
No no! I was joking
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dyelbro)
it is not dangerous at all, people water fast for months at a time, connor murphy did a 40 day waterfast first try. its dangerous if you dont know what your doing
but i dont recommend water fast for a month, do a 2 day water fast then 5 days eating. buddhist dry fast often aswell
It can be okay, but for teenagers who dont know what their doing, it can be harmful ( not only physically but mentally ).
Connor Murphy is an adult.
(Original post by 2_versions)
if you don't have any underlying conditions and already have excess fat, then it's not as dangerous as it seems. You can do it for 2 - 3 days (without exercise of course) without having any problems, apart from your brain wanting food. That being said, if you don't know if you have any underlying conditions or don't feel well in your day-to-day then I won't recommend it. I do know people who have done it for 2 and a half days though and I've heard you can go longer but I personally wouldn't, just to stay on the safe side.
"As dangerous" still has quite a risk. There are better ways to go about weight loss.
2_versions
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It can be okay, but for teenagers who dont know what their doing, it can be harmful ( not only physically but mentally ).
Connor Murphy is an adult.

"As dangerous" still has quite a risk. There are better ways to go about weight loss.
Well unless you have diabetes or something I doubt you're at any risk, nobody can be 100% but the same is for everything. The 3 meals a day idea is less than 400 years old and we spent at least 10,000 years as hunter gatherers not eating daily, and sometimes weekly. Learning intermittent fasting then transitioning to a water fast is a great way to avoid the irritation of feeling hungry (you will be used to having long periods without food) and both are great at losing weight. Only problem with intermittent is to ensure you don't binge eat after the 10 hours (or whatever length you choose) and don't binge after the water fast either - ease yourself into food in small amounts.
I recommend you look into it, it's nothing the body hasn't evolved to do and there's a whole culture built around it, in a healthy lifestyle way not a eating disorder way. I don't promote or support unhealthy eating disorders, or the practice of healthy ones for unhealthy reasons, that only creates bad routines and mental obsession with weight.
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 2_versions)
Well unless you have diabetes or something I doubt you're at any risk, nobody can be 100% but the same is for everything. The 3 meals a day idea is less than 400 years old and we spent at least 10,000 years as hunter gatherers not eating daily, and sometimes weekly. Learning intermittent fasting then transitioning to a water fast is a great way to avoid the irritation of feeling hungry (you will be used to having long periods without food) and both are great at losing weight. Only problem with intermittent is to ensure you don't binge eat after the 10 hours (or whatever length you choose) and don't binge after the water fast either - ease yourself into food in small amounts.
I recommend you look into it, it's nothing the body hasn't evolved to do and there's a whole culture built around it, in a healthy lifestyle way not a eating disorder way. I don't promote or support unhealthy eating disorders, or the practice of healthy ones for unhealthy reasons, that only creates bad routines and mental obsession with weight.
Funny how you go to talk about how humans didnt eat everyday 10,000 years ago, and then jump to talking about evolution :lol:
I dont have a problem with water fasting ( for the most part ). But its not for everyone is the point Im trying to make. The OP is clearly a teenager. Dieting like this can be extremely unhealthy at that age. There are also much healthier ways to go about weight loss.
Geraldthegoat
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes it depends on how fast your metabolism is, I would recommend cutting out sweet food, dairy and just drink plenty of water. Make sure u get the right amount of sleep each night and exercise for 1-2 hrs a day 4x a week.
MaryamKH
Rep:
?
Funny how you go to talk about how humans didnt eat everyday 10,000 years ago, and then jump to talking about evolution :lol:
I dont have a problem with water fasting ( for the most part ). But its not for everyone is the point Im trying to make. The OP is clearly a teenager. Dieting like this can be extremely unhealthy at that age. There are also much healthier ways to go about weight loss.
Like wut??? I want something that’s gonna give me results in a month so pls enlighten me with these “healthier ways” I rlly want this
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.35%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.9%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (170)
38.46%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.41%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.68%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.2%

Watched Threads